JM´s Corner

56 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

rob I like the uniforms of the airborne that you made some screenshots, can you tell me what kind of mods, or eventual provide a link about ?

Thanks in advance, soon I will begin again about them.

ok, for the british airborne it looks like i'm using   'dm's british, canadian, polish para'  mod,   which even appears to have appropriate  national and rank insignia on the canadian and polish smocks.  too bad no polish helmet eagle, but still cool.

for the us i'm not sure at the moment, and my   d-day m42's and market garden m-43's  are mixing themselves up the last time i played us airborne, so i have to  straighten those out.

oh- and here.... i found a 3d model that is actually the proper wwii brit bergen.  not sure if it will work for cmbn use, but here's the link.     https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/1944-pattern-british-commando-bergen-267246b197424c2abc963207c622aba6.

23 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

british or u.s. airborne?

all what you can have, you know that I like all change uniforms gears... I dont like having two uniforms the same because the reallity are totally different similar yes a copy no, and when I could added more faces as the 4 really used in CM I would make some extras to change it, this is fake to put 14 faces in CM that peoples think that they can be used, when 4 only are really used, but this is another story ! 

2 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

the link is nice but I cannot download it, I have to be registrated and use the "Premium" offer so I have to pay for it !

What about the mods that you are used in the screenshots ?

for brit/commonwealth/ polish airborne,  just the 'd.m.' mod.  haven't checked on the u.s. yet, 

too bad about the bergen, i couldn't believe i actually found the exact perfect one (that only i would even notice anyway, lol.

5 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

for brit/commonwealth/ polish airborne,  just the 'd.m.' mod.  haven't checked on the u.s. yet, 

too bad about the bergen, i couldn't believe i actually found the exact perfect one (that only i would even notice anyway, lol.

you know some peoples want money for what they are doing and this is understanding, when this will be a regular offer I could download it but so, I dont want to pay for some offers only, when you enter somewhere you cannot go out and reciveve many mail and news things that you dont need, but perhaps I will through an eyes on and who know If I will find more things that are interresting with the "Premium"?

just the d.m. mod what s mean ?

Just now, quakerparrot67 said:

the mod i use for british airborne is called    'dm's british, canadian, polish para"  and as i mentioned it even has some of the proper rank insignia for the polish paras, and also for the canadians.

oh yes is from Damian or Damiano, a great one, only I was thinking is another one to you, but is probably only the effects of your Reshades... thanks rob !

13 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

oh yes is from Damian or Damiano, a great one, only I was thinking is another one to you, but is probably only the effects of your Reshades... thanks rob !

cool, i was just going to link you to it, but you beat me to it.  believe it or not, i dont use any reshade or aftermarket shaders- just the alt-m, alt-r, and alt-w built into the game.  

oh- i do play my oosterbeek scenarios with the 'atmosphere' changed from 'haze' or 'thick haze' to clear.  i hated the way 'boys against men' and 'king of oosterbeek'  looked before i did that.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

yes now I see in the movie mode I use it  also, the alt r is useful, but for me the alt w is too dark, but is only me.

So is true that with the combined mode dont need really to use the reshades...is only a choice, some like more to performing theirs environnement, but perhaps have a better view about effects and impacts...thanks rob !

oh, jm-  i forgot an important bit of insignia  for glider pilots...

on the left breast of dennison smock ( and on uniform blouse underneath) was worn the glider pilots wings.

the senior pilot in a team wore the first pilot's wings-poKhhym5jthe junior pilot in a team wore second pilot's wings-pnH5u1Dlj

also, no-one in glider pilot regt (at least pilots)  was below the rank of seargent, with only staff sgt and above eligible for 1st pilot's wings.

so, unless an oficer, all british glider pilot's smocks would have sgt or staff sgt stripes on  right sleeve.

hope this bit of detail is useful to you,

cheers,

rob

Just now, quakerparrot67 said:

oh, jm-  i forgot an important bit of insignia  for glider pilots...

on the left breast of dennison smock ( and on uniform blouse underneath) was worn the glider pilots wings.

the senior pilot in a team wore the first pilot's wings-poKhhym5jthe junior pilot in a team wore second pilot's wings-pnH5u1Dlj

also, no-one in glider pilot regt (at least pilots)  was below the rank of seargent, with only staff sgt and above eligible for 1st pilot's wings.

so, unless an oficer, all british glider pilot's smocks would have sgt or staff sgt stripes on  right sleeve.

hope this bit of detail is useful to you,

cheers,

rob

appreciated rob, when the moment are coming to continue the Airbornes mod I will give you a sign !

Activity from today !   Part of France1940 Mod

I decide to change the vehicle, so  I made another one,  seeing that my first one wasn't really a success, and didn't receive any comments, neither for or against...

This one is not perfect but its work !

comparison of the two vehicles !

UWLjaCQ.png

ET9J4nX.png

I still have to make some adjustments for exemple the seat place, the soldier have to be seating more behind but it is almost finished, and the tests are already conclusive.

little overview !

@JM Stuff you are doing incredible work here mate, I really like the French adrian helmet.

May I suggest a small change on the US paratrooper canvas chinstrap, would you be able to remove the canvas chinstrap on both sides and just leave the leather chin cup hanging if possible, I only ask this because I like how you made the canvas chinstrap hooked at the back of the helmet. You do not need to do my request, just putting it out there for my own perisomal taste.

Love the mods you make, cheers.

3 hours ago, Damian45 said:

@JM Stuff you are doing incredible work here mate, I really like the French adrian helmet.

May I suggest a small change on the US paratrooper canvas chinstrap, would you be able to remove the canvas chinstrap on both sides and just leave the leather chin cup hanging if possible, I only ask this because I like how you made the canvas chinstrap hooked at the back of the helmet. You do not need to do my request, just putting it out there for my own perisomal taste.

Love the mods you make, cheers.

Thank you very much @Damian45is a pleasure to do things when people's like you are using it, I will check in detail your request, if you can send only a picture of the mod that you talk about this will help me, and I will check what I can do.

Edited by JM Stuff

• 1 month later...

New test !

Trying to make a Laffly from a  Protz with now a gun barrel of a Archer with a italian name like Semovente is not really easy, this happend always when the brits have something to say, (like driving to the left), when the rest of the world driving from the right 😆

Ok seriouse now 😇

Edited by JM Stuff

9 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

It is a difficult project because it shoots to the rear but was thinly armored.

At first I thought you might use the Archer vehicle as the "host" but I checked and Archer has much thicker armor. 

It is good to try!

Thanks, so you mean I keep the Protze view with the Archer name and host for the gun barrel, and rename in what with the modtag ?

5 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Thanks, so you mean I keep the Protze view with the Archer name and host for the gun barrel, and rename in what with the modtag ?

I think it is not a good match because of the thicker armor. But if you want to use it...

Does CMFI have the Archer vehicle?

If yes, find the exact name of the Archer mdr file.  ****.mdr

Then you take your blender creation untitled.mdr and rename as ****.mdr

Put in z folder.

Start CMFI.

Purchase an Archer and it should appear as your creation.