Warsaw Uprising?

Does anyone know if there were any Soviet backed Polish units within a reasonable distance of Warsaw (potential allies for a WHIF).

TBH The more I look over the various actions, the more I find myself sympathising with Steve's initial position.....It's never going to end well (unless it's a WHIF).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

7 hours ago, Haiduk said:

I am about the reflection of Warsaw uprising in the game. The game is just a modelling of combat scenarios and there are no "civilain units" in the game to be butchered. Germans also massacred civilians in USSR, so according to this logic, CMBB/Red Thunder should be banned on the stage of idea... 

yeah, ultimately i have to agree, if your going to call out and remove something due to its harsh realities ,then, really the whole of ww2 was brutal..and the game is in denial.

and i'm sure the poles were represented before in CMX1 series. i think

I really didn't start this thread about what morally constitutes what event should be put into a game that simulates a horrifying time in our history. I just was curious if they had plans to add this. If they don't don't I totally understand. Plus there could always be a mod. No need to sensationalize that "they're in denial." They're PC game creators. Not a head of state.

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Does anyone know if there were any Soviet backed Polish units within a reasonable distance of Warsaw (potential allies for a WHIF).

1st Army of Polish Army (Wojsko Polske), which was in operative subordination of 1st Belarusian front, at the enf of July 1944 settled positions along Visla and seized with Soviet trops two bridgeheads on western bank of the river near Magnushew and Pulavy. Magnushev - the nearest town, laying in 60 km south of Warsaw. Though, Germans continiously counter-attacked. Near Studzianky village on Magnushev bridgehead there were intensive clashes betwen Soviet and Polish infantry, supported by  1st Polish Army tank brigade from one side and units of 1st "Hermann Hering" Fallschirm panzer divizion and 19th pazner division form other side.   

10th September 1st infantry division of Polish Army, operating in subordination of 125th rifle corps of 47th Army of 1st Belarusian front srarted offensive on eastern Warsaw outskirts. After five days of heavy clashes, they seized Praga - Warsaw's district on the eastern bank of Visla. 16th September to the Praga arrived other three Polish infantry divisions and cavalry brigade. The day before commander of 1st infantry division recieved an order from Chief of the Staff of 1st Belarusian front to prepare a crossing of Visla. Оn September 16th night, after artillery barrages and striking by 2nd night bomber regiment "Krakow" (Polish airforce unit with Po-2 biplanes, they also supplied and supported rebels in western-bank part of Warsaw), the first group of Polish troopers in the force of recon company and infantry battalion of 9th infantry regiment (about 420 personnel) successfully crossed the river.  Next night, other battalion and five guns crossed the river and joined to first group. But strong enemy resisting didn't allow to establish firm communications with rebel groups. Their situation was becoming worth and worth, so the order about overall crossing of the Visla was issued on 19th September. Next bridghead was established by two battaliones with six guns of 8th infantry regiment of Polish Army. But in the night on 20th Sep. the German tanks counter attack threw them down to the Visla - from about 800 men only 164 could cross Visla back.

In other sector 2nd Polish Division forced Visla with 6 companies, but during the crossing and keeping the bridghead suffered heavy losses and couldn't set a communication with rebels. Since 21st of Sep. Germans received new reinforcements in armor and after heavy fights pushed off Polish troopers to the Visla. Almost all sapper equipment for river forcing of 1st Polish Army and attached Soviet units was lost, so there was no opportunty to move reinforcements on the western bank. Staff of the Belarusian front on 23rd of Sep. ordered Polish Army to withdraw. The infantry with small number of guns and without tanks couldn't resist to tank counter atatcks of the enemy,  dense urban development didn't allow divisional and corps artillery to effectively support the troops. Also infantry couldn't conduct assault actions in the city. Polish army lost more than 2800 men. 

Edited by Haiduk

35 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Nice infos thank you...a little hope to the polish insurgents, (I smell a scenarios for the futur) ...

Thanks. I think, Polish Army can be represented, especially since they had the same TO&E like Soviet troops and actively participated in Visla-Oder, Berlin and Prague operations. 

Edited by Haiduk

52 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Thanks. I think, Polish Army can be represented, especially since they had the same TO&E like Soviet troops and actively participated in Visla-Oder, Berlin and Prague operations. 

Exactly. I would love to see Poland on the Eastern Front, as well.

37 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

Exactly. I would love to see Poland on the Eastern Front, as well.

If only we could working on mds files, we have already some good modders on the forum, with a little imagination a good reserves of pictures and movies, we could created already something acceptable with CMRT but I think with the F&R we could have more stuf appropriates ...

Edited by 3j2m7

36 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

If only we could working on mds files, we have already some good modders on the forum, with a little imagination a good reserves of pictures and movies, we could created already something acceptable with CMRT but I think with the F&R we could have more stuf appropriates ...

In the developments, described above,  I've meant different equipment, used for the river forcing. That were heavy floating pontoons N2P which in different combinations allowed to ferry from rifle platoon to one tank for one route, that were light floating pontoons NLP,  different boats DSL, SDL, LG-12 for one squad (or mortar/light gun) and land-lease amphibious vehicles.  Alas, East front CM2 hasn't any one of this stuff. Though even CM1 had assault boats. I doubt BF will add this stuff. If it problem could be solved by modding... Though, for this existed floatng model anyway is needed.   

Edited by Haiduk

• 2 weeks later...

Another problem Donetsk airport map doesnt work in quick battles (I put it in the quick battles folder, though) 😑 Is there some update CM problem with the old mods, scenarios and maps?

Nevermind... to much cognacto less attaention...  🤭 Attack must be put...

Edited by gamerannn

1 hour ago, gamerannn said:

Another problem Donetsk airport map doesnt work in quick battles (I put it in the quick battles folder, though) 😑 Is there some update CM problem with the old mods, scenarios and maps?

Nevermind... to much cognacto less attaention...  🤭 Attack must be put...

I suspect you're in the wrong forum - my guess is that is a CMBS map.  Maybe try asking the question there.  My suspicion is that the map was just a map with no AI plans.  QB maps need both the map and AI plans to work in QBs, the simple act of dropping a map into the QB folder doesn't turn it into a QB map.

• 2 weeks later...

QB maps need both the map and AI plans to work in QBs

Also, if the map has AI orders but is set up as an 'assault' it won't show up on a 'meeting engagement' QB map list. So you need to tailor your AI and assign the correct battle type.