TSD III, TPG II & The CM Mod Warehouse Update area.

Hey Phil,

It would be great if, before retiring, you could do some kind of short manual to describe the various mods you did over the years: Stalingrad, Afrika, Finland, Romania, and I forgot some.

Otherwise they will fall in oblivion, which would really be a pity.

BTW, did you modtagged all these mods?

Edited by PEB14
typo

• 4 weeks later...

The newest CMBN building mod has been uploaded.

[CMBN] Wim & Falaise Normandy Buildings

[CMBN] Wim & Falaise Normandy Buildings – CM Mod Warehouse (thefewgoodmen.com)

Falaise's beautiful Normandy stone church skin overwrites the vanilla skin for the large church structures (not the small chapel). Wim's skins are all additional, i.e., they do not overwrite either the vanilla skins or any other author's building skin mod. By adding this collection you now have a much larger range of building skins that also look more correct for Normandy. Some of Wim's reskins are further modifications of TAL's beautiful work.

List of Authors of Building Reskins and Additional Skins:

Falaise: Normandy stone and Holland brick church reskins
PAT: Chapel reskin
Tanks a Lot (TAL): All independent houses, large and small barns and chapel)
Umlaut: Commercial building reskins and many additional skins
Wim (a.k.a. WimO or Kandu): independent houses and modular building additional skins.

15 hours ago, Bootie said:

The newest CMBN building mod has been uploaded.

[CMBN] Wim & Falaise Normandy Buildings

[CMBN] Wim & Falaise Normandy Buildings – CM Mod Warehouse (thefewgoodmen.com)

Thank you Bootie.

Message to everybody: this mod is an ABSOLUTE must for anybody wishing to play in a realistic Normandy setting. Very, very nice buildings indeed, including modular ones. Congratulations to the authors!

And I know what I'm talking about, just look at my RL location !😉

Edited by PEB14

11 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Whatever the number, you can add me to it Wim.  It did show 92 views so far if that's any indication.  I gave it a ❤️ too.

Thanks for the hard work.

43 minutes ago, WimO said:

Like Kohlenklau, I would also appreciate seeing a download counter. Curious about how my creations are doing. Although adding a d/l counter now seems to be 'after the fact'.

That's what I was asking a long time ago, it's interesting and kind of a motivation for modders, knowing if your work is welcome and useful, actually it gives us the smile we hope for when we're working on the mod...

Edited by JM Stuff

10 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

That's what I was asking a long time ago, it's interesting and kind of a motivation for modders, knowing if your work is welcome and useful, actually it gives us the smile we hope for when we're working on the mod...

It can be double-edged though, if the download counter is not up to one's hope...😶

On 6/8/2023 at 8:28 AM, PEB14 said:

Thank you Bootie.

Message to everybody: this mod is an ABSOLUTE must for anybody wishing to play in a realistic Normandy setting. Very, very nice buildings indeed, including modular ones. Congratulations to the authors!

And I know what I'm talking about, just look at my RL location !😉

Hear, hear.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Falaise said:

he he I just saw the wink of @WimO.
the church he chose to illustrate his mod is a church in Falaise.
Her name is Saint Gervais, you can't choose better because I have a connection with this one, I was baptized there and got married there...
in 1944

z9w8.jpg

The picture is dated 1944, not Falaise's marriage! 🤪

@Bootie

I detected an error in one of my FR1940 Bronze scenarios.

The scenario FR40A FRENCH TOAST REDUX has a bad set up. My error.

Is there any way you can go in and pluck out the bad one and replace it with the below?

If you have time sir. If not, all is well. Thanks and best wishes regardless.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u22eg5y40f4xgfvrf3rn2/FR40A-FRENCH-TOAST-REDUX-V2.btt?rlkey=riko5zjl3i6wl9g8w074lnscq&dl=0

Or you can wait and I think here in a week or so I pass you the next installment of the mod. Maybe just do it then.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent a PM to Herr @Bootie with the next installment in the CMFI France 1940 mod...

BEF mods and 2 scenarios. Play 1 as the axis vs AI only and play the other as allies vs AI only.

That leaves GOLD and DIAMOND. Later this year for sure!

Once again, I ask this wunderbar fraulein to solicit you! Please contribute even a small scenario would be awesome.

volunteer.png

Bootie is enjoying a vacation and he will eventually get this on CMMODS...

So, here is an advance copy but be warned the below link might eventually go dormant.

August 2023

WELCOME!

This is the CMFI France 1940 Mod.

In April we posted a download link for the “BRONZE LEVEL RELEASE”.

In May we came back with another download link to grab the “SILVER LEVEL RELEASE”.

Now we offer "STERLING SILVER RELEASE" which adds the BEF and I have a humble 2 scenarios. One to play as axis and one to play as the BEF.

Just a system to slowly release the mod. BRONZE then SILVER then GOLD then DIAMOND. You need them all as the mod builds upon itself and later scenarios use all the parts from the earlier releases.

Again, my thanks to all those who helped make this possible: 
Damian45, Falaise, JM Stuff, kevinkin, Juju, sbobovyc, Tanksalot, Others not listed.

EASY INSTRUCTIONS!

1. Put scenarios in your CMFI scenario folder.
They have a prefix of FR40A or FR40B and now FR40BEF.

2. Plop the mod folders in your CMFI z folder. 

TIP: If you have tons of extra German helmets in your z from other mods…you should temporarily pull them out. 
Or you will see an odd camo helmet on the France 1940 Germans. That would be sad.

3. Look at the “Nice to Haves” folder and make some decisions.

a. Do you want a different splash screen while playing the mod? Pick mine or Damian’s. Now I have a new one for BEF. Pick and choose.

b. Plop the music in your z if you want a different tune as it loads. I added a new intro music if you want or not. No big deal.

c. The loading screens by Damian45 are awesome. I recommend them.

d. The String file changes the names of stuff. It is not dangerous.
But just know it should be removed out of z if you do other stuff. If you see a couple
versions, please just use the one that is the newest, the most recently dated when viewed in a
folder with details. Got it?

Standard disclaimer. Use at your own risk. 
All materials are licensed work of BFC. 
I did this for free. I am not perfect. Holler if you see I made an error and I will address it ASAP. Stuff happens!

Best regards,

kohlenklau

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/nibiw5nkwub5nf756sd9p/h?rlkey=51u0uftzlmp0i8n643lfxn5xy&dl=0