Winter mod for Afghanistan

I see such a dark image that no details are visible.  It's odd as have had that issue with other posters' pics as well.  Yet, for all other images - like this BF website for example, my monitor looks very bright to me - maybe too bright.  Like I could easily turn down the brightness and everything would be fine.  

It is at night (immediately before dawn TBH, but it's up in the mountains).  ;)

Based on current testing it needs to be rather longer than allowed for too.....Tribals are a complete b*****d to dig out of their villages, as they seem to share the 'Urban Concealment' ability of Combatants in CM:SF.  :ph34r:

I'm 45 minutes into my own 90 minute scenario and I haven't even reached the town walls yet.....Their snipers are doing sterling work!  :o

x5FfmMg.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Rather heavily reinforced and with an extra hour in hand, the Dushmen try again:

jNiau4U.jpg

Meanwhile, inside the town itself, one of their spies attempts to make contact with local sympathisers to the cause:

K8HzY0w.jpg

@37mm  The close water tiles seem to have vanished when using this version of the mod.....The river appears to be an empty channel, to a certain distance, at which point, it's full again.  :wacko:

Odd.  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

It's getting there now.....This must be the tenth or later iteration of this scenario. 

The player now controls the opposite side, as the AI was just too thick to run the attack how it needs to be run.  Do remember my frustration at the AI controlled Mine Teams?  No matter how many you use in a AI Group they only blow one hole in a wall and you seem to have to use at least two or the Assault Command (apparently required to trigger the Blast) will fail.  The more units you use however, the more likely one of them will discover alternative routing and not bother to Blast at all, often dragging others with them, etc. etc. ad infinitum:rolleyes:

The current idea is that a very well armed (they have a couple of tanks & BMPs), but starving and frostbitten Mujahideen Battalion (Hizb-e-Islami specifically) have demanded sanctuary in a small town.....The town is still under control of the Najibullah Government and has refused their demand, so the Mujahideen have decided to take the town by force. 

As mentioned earlier, the Mujahideen are not in great physical shape, so it requires some planning to get them through the walls in sufficient numbers to take the town.....My efforts thus far have not 'survived contact with the enemy'.  An independent tester would be useful, but I have no briefing or graphics for it right now (as usual).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 1/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Rather heavily reinforced and with an extra hour in hand, the Dushmen try again:

jNiau4U.jpg

Meanwhile, inside the town itself, one of their spies attempts to make contact with local sympathisers to the cause:

K8HzY0w.jpg

@37mm  The close water tiles seem to have vanished when using this version of the mod.....The river appears to be an empty channel, to a certain distance, at which point, it's full again.  :wacko:

Odd.  :unsure:

I'll look into this & release the latest iteration the next time I get a free weekend (this one... I believe).

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Kabul … where the car in front is always a Toyota.

+1  As long as it's not the exploding type of Toyota.  I know from playing CMSF cars can be dangerous.  Especially red taxis. ;)  :)

Stay safe my friend.

Any idea what the writing on the wall to the left means?  

If you can say, what is the wall protecting?    

18 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1  As long as it's not the exploding type of Toyota.  I know from playing CMSF cars can be dangerous.  Especially red taxis. ;)  :)

Stay safe my friend.

Any idea what the writing on the wall to the left means?  

If you can say, what is the wall protecting?    

I don't know what the writing says but it will be of a patriotic nature.  A government ministry sits behind the T-walls.

29 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

I don't know what the writing says but it will be of a patriotic nature.  A government ministry sits behind the T-walls.

Yes, the writing has a patriotic nature. It's about the holiday in August to commemorate the liberation from the British.

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/8/2020 at 7:15 AM, 37mm said:

I'll look into this & release the latest iteration the next time I get a free weekend (this one... I believe).

19 months later...

The winter mod* is now part of the CMA 'All in One'...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ja2tswtdnpad7mx/CMA_%27All_in_One%27.7z/file

*As tags don't work for the earlier CM games, you just have to unzip the 'zz Winter for CMA' file only when it's required.

Lovely.  Thank you!  CMA is such a gem and one of the most interesting CM2 releases.  But so few have played it.

Such a shame that the uniform and skin models from other CM2 games won't work in CMA as they could do with upgrading.

Edited by Erwin

28 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Lovely.  Thank you!  CMA is such a gem and one of the most interesting CM2 releases.  But so few have played it

Such a shame that the uniform and skin models from other CM2 games won't work in CMA as they could do with upgrading.

Indeed Erwin CMA desserve to have a big update, specialty having also mdr files for infantry, like already present for the vehicles, this will probably expand the game life !