Am I able to install this on more than one computer?

I'd like to purchase the Normandy big bundle, I've had my eye on it for years at this point - I've played the demo a bunch and think I'm ready to take the plunge. 

My concern is the DRM - I often play games on my laptop or my desktop, and would like to be able to install this on both. Is this possible?

Sure wish they would just put this on steam :(

I have CMBN installed on 3 machines right now, my main desktop, my laptop and my daughter's laptop. She is enjoying LAN battles with me almost as much as I am.

I have CMFI installed on those three as well as my desktop at work. 

My understanding is the game comes with 4 activations initially and a new one is made available every year you own the product. 

As for Steam, Battlefront have stated repeatedly they will not be using the Steam platform.

As stated before, my daughter and I have been playing LAN battles with each other without issue. I own a copy of Civiliation V and while it is installed on both our laptops, I need to buy a second copy to battle her thanks to Steam's DRM rules. So a big thanks to @Battlefront.com for not using Steam so I can introduce the joys of CM to the next generation. 

Thanks John!

I did have one follow up question - I'm wondering if I should forgo the "big bundle" and just get one of the BN modules, and grab another of maybe the more modern setting? Any suggestions on what to buy to get a good variety? Knowing myself it will take a long, LONG time to get through what is in the big bundle, and I'm thinking I might want to have some diversity when it comes to the setting/time period. 

As others have commented, you need to decide what era you fancy most.  For modern era you have CMBS set in Europe (emphasizing relatively closer range combat) and (the very inexpensive CMSF) or wait for CMSF2 both similarly set in deserts and towns (of Syria) providing more open, mobile and longer range combat

For WW2, CMBN is probably the most "mature" with the most campaigns, scenarios and mods available.

13 hours ago, Johnlondon125 said:

Thanks John!

I did have one follow up question - I'm wondering if I should forgo the "big bundle" and just get one of the BN modules, and grab another of maybe the more modern setting? Any suggestions on what to buy to get a good variety? Knowing myself it will take a long, LONG time to get through what is in the big bundle, and I'm thinking I might want to have some diversity when it comes to the setting/time period. 

CM is an addiction. If you are already enjoying the demo enough to buy the game, you will most likely end up buying all of the games anyways.

Only you know what you are able to afford to buy, but if you can afford both the big bundle and Black Sea, I doubt you will be disappointed. If you can't do both and are looking for the most variety, I would suggest the Market Garden module as it gives a new location in Holland, and adds some British units to the base game. It will however, only encourage you to pick up the Commonwealth module soon afterwards....

Each title offers its own unique experience. The game I thought I would enjoy the least, CMFI, is actually my favourite one of them all and I am having a really hard time waiting patiently for the Rome to Victory Module to come out. Currently, the CMFI Gustav Line bundle, offers the widest range of nations, unit types, oddball equipment, terrain, weather, and length of of the war covered. If you want variety, CMFI is where it is at.

14 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

CM is an addiction. If you are already enjoying the demo enough to buy the game, you will most likely end up buying all of the games anyways.

Only you know what you are able to afford to buy, but if you can afford both the big bundle and Black Sea, I doubt you will be disappointed. If you can't do both and are looking for the most variety, I would suggest the Market Garden module as it gives a new location in Holland, and adds some British units to the base game. It will however, only encourage you to pick up the Commonwealth module soon afterwards....

Each title offers its own unique experience. The game I thought I would enjoy the least, CMFI, is actually my favourite one of them all and I am having a really hard time waiting patiently for the Rome to Victory Module to come out. Currently, the CMFI Gustav Line bundle, offers the widest range of nations, unit types, oddball equipment, terrain, weather, and length of of the war covered. If you want variety, CMFI is where it is at.

Thank you! I'm a bit unclear - Does Black Sea for $60 include v4, or do I need to buy the upgrade with it?

Edited by Johnlondon125

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Johnlondon125 said:

I'd like to purchase the Normandy big bundle, I've had my eye on it for years at this point - I've played the demo a bunch and think I'm ready to take the plunge. 

My concern is the DRM - I often play games on my laptop or my desktop, and would like to be able to install this on both. Is this possible?

Sure wish they would just put this on steam :(

Yes, and when you do purchase any of the WWII Big-Bundle Titles, then PM if you need a PBEM Opponent.

Promise I don't bit...Much :-)

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Johnlondon125,

As my CM colleagues have noted, what CM product/s you spend your money on is a matter of interest in a specific region, weaponry set and combat dynamics. If it's WW II you crave, then the best bang for the buck (figuratively and literally) lies in the CMBN Big Bundle. The idea of buying CMBN and one Module, then buying CMBS is intriguing, but it's going to be expensive, and I'd advise you to think long and hard about who and/or what you're prepared to give up. That loss can fall into the categories of scenarios, unit types, weapons and vehicles, terrain, maps, even mapmaking tools and capabilities, all of which affect the overall potential and richness of your gaming experience. Suggest you also consider what's in the pipeline for the game/s under consideration. As for CMBS, if you try to play it a la WW II, your force will likely be a flaming ruin in a minute or less. Speak from erxperience!  So lethal was the battlefield and so furious the tempo that I was temporarily in despair over having, I felt, wasted hard to come by gaming funds on a game I simply couldn't play and couldn't return. Fortunately, I read the manual and got some great coaching, then gradually built out from there. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play CM at all for many months, as a result of late onset neurological issues following a head injury years ago. But as you can see, there are other stalwarts ready to confront you on the Field of Mars. 

Heirloom_Tomato,

Don't own CMFI, but I've certainly enjoyed the AARs and the plethora of articles over there. Also, I very much appreciate the variety of vehicles and AFVs in it, not to mention that the Americans have cool camouflage, as opposed to the typical Unbearable Heaviness of OD in CMBN. Especially love that there are mountains, making for a vastly better visual experience than in CMBN and CMBS. I take it no intrepid soul has yet recreated the soul-rending "Fire On The Mountain" scenario from one of the RoW tournaments? That military ordeal was a real nail-biter and a gut-clencher of a scenario, and CMFI could depict it far better than CMx1 ever could.

Regards,

John Kettler 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2018 at 4:56 PM, Heirloom_Tomato said:

... and my daughter's laptop. She is enjoying LAN battles with me almost as much as I am.

Sound to me you have the kind of relationship with your daughter that I hope to sson have with mine. My daughter is only interested in watching clips on YouTube and loath everything connected to war, which of course is a good point of view, but I hope that she one day will agree to either a hotseat session or a LAN battle.

Edited by BornGinger

5 hours ago, BornGinger said:

Sound to me you have the kind of relationship with your daughter that I hope to sson have with mine. My daughter is only interested in watching clips on YouTube and loath everything connected to war, which of course is a good point of view, but I hope that she one day will agree to either a hotseat session or a LAN battle.

She has started taking History in high school and aced a first day quiz from her teacher. The course covers Canadian history from 1900 onward with a strong focus on both wars. She knew the answers to most of the questions from hearing things from me over and over and over. So suddenly I knew things again and all my books went from being annoying to helpful. As for CM, she asked a question about the differences in tanks, so I made a quick scenario with all the different tanks for each side as the forces so she could see the differences. This led to how they work and why was one better than others. A quick battle with her as Germans with Panthers and a Tiger vs me with Shermans and a Firefly, led to more discussions and several more battles. It has been a bit since we last played but her History course is working through the Great Depression right now so it is only a matter of time before the questions come back and another game is in our future.