Why can I not play Italy (and a bunch of other Nations) in Quick battle

I have purchased the bundle for Fortress Italy but in quick battle Italians, French, SS and a fair few minor nations are not available to play/ Is this correct or have I done something incorrectly? I have been looking but nobody else seems to have this problem. 

Cheers

Edited by Swastakowey

I think you are mistaken. Perhaps you were thinking about older Combat Mission titles when you made your purchase? 

Fortress Italy offers you Americans, Italians, the German Heer, and the Luftwaffe ground forces out of the box.

The Gustav Line module adds various Commonwealth nations (along with additional formations for other factions).

You also have to keep in mind that a scenario's date might affect the availability of factions. For example, if a Quick Battle is set after September '43, you won't be able to use Italians.

To add: Because of the upcoming module that will take the Italian front to the end of the war, certain nations/forces have been added to the QB menu that will become available once the new module comes out - and we purchase it. :)

1 hour ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

You also have to keep in mind that a scenario's date might affect the availability of factions.

+1

The date is also very important for equipment availability - even a single month makes a difference.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, Machor said:

To add: Because of the upcoming module that will take the Italian front to the end of the war, certain nations/forces have been added to the QB menu that will become available once the new module comes out - and we purchase it. :)

My word! This is the first time I have seen this mentioned! Brazil and France, what a treat!

11 hours ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

My word! This is the first time I have seen this mentioned! Brazil and France, what a treat!

Old news;

Updated news;

It's enough to keep you drooling for a while. I am sure looking forward to it!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 11:04 AM, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

Not sure if you noticed but when you're setting up a Quick Battle under Quick Battle - Service there is also South African, Indian and SS listed.    

• 3 weeks later...
On November 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I'm hoping that will change in the next module!

Why? After 9/43 the only Italian forces in the field were partisans. The only Italian uniformed forces were a couple of small divisions on the Allied side and the rump army still loyal to the Fascists, neither of which were held to be of much good.

Michael

13 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Why? After 9/43 the only Italian forces in the field were partisans. The only Italian uniformed forces were a couple of small divisions on the Allied side and the rump army still loyal to the Fascists, neither of which were held to be of much good.

Michael

Toward the end of the war a bit more. In January 1945 on the allied side there were six combat groups similar to light division or, if you prefer, resembling the old binary divisions pre armistice. Two infantry rgt, 1 arty rgt, 1 engineers btg. Something like 9000 troops each.

On 2017-11-20 at 9:55 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Not sure if you noticed but when you're setting up a Quick Battle under Quick Battle - Service there is also South African, Indian and SS listed.    

Wait... really?!

Also adding the partisans, co-belligerents and facists would be amazing. Italians before armistice could use a second look as well, lots of missing equipment in CMFI!  

Edited by DougPhresh

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Don't feel bad about missing the QB date. Just today an experienced Beta tester complained "(Country X) won't show up for me!" and he had to be directed to the scenario date. So it happens to the best of us.  :P

And . . . just what might X=?  :rolleyes:

On 06/12/2017 at 9:13 PM, Sandokan said:

Toward the end of the war a bit more. In January 1945 on the allied side there were six combat groups similar to light division or, if you prefer, resembling the old binary divisions pre armistice. Two infantry rgt, 1 arty rgt, 1 engineers btg. Something like 9000 troops each.

I am sure Italians were fighting with the Allies before this, read in Atkinson perhaps, they suffered quite heavy casualties.