Jump to content

New Campaign ready for download: "The Road to Bastogne".


Recommended Posts

Lead the powerful Panzer-füsilier-batallion from Führer-begleit-brigade (FBB) during the Ardennes offensive. German Campaign with 7 missions. 

Your Panzer-füsilier-batallion has 6 companys: 3 infantry, 1 heavy, 1 Anti-Air and 1 Pioneer company.

To support them you have 2 Panzercompanys from FBBs Panzer Regiment with 17 x Pz. IV. and 11 x JPz IV./70(A).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

First, thank you for the response everybody. I'm not sure what you mean by StuG campaign !?

Apparently I'm wrong. Quite some time ago someone made a couple of great scenarios for CMRT about a German Assault Gun unit (Sturmgeschütze or StuG). That person was working on an entire campaign, but lost some of his scenarios due to a computer crash or something. Those few scenarios he did release were very, very good.

I thought that you were that person, but apparently not. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Aragorn2002
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will not say much about the campaign so not to spoil anything but it has been a lot of fun to create. I would like to mention one core vehicle that I found very challenging during play-testing: the JPz IV./70(A) the only realy good thing about is its main gun, the same as on the Panther but its armored protection is poor and its off-road abilitys is terrible, I recommend only to use it on paved roads and if you go off-road use the slow command.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of us just had a discussion about movement speed and bogging chances. Granted that the testing was in CMBN but I still think it applies here: the speed of movement orders has no effect on the changes of bogging or becoming immobilized. The best way to avoid becoming immobilized is to remain on the roads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IanL said:

Some of us just had a discussion about movement speed and bogging chances. Granted that the testing was in CMBN but I still think it applies here: the speed of movement orders has no effect on the changes of bogging or becoming immobilized. The best way to avoid becoming immobilized is to remain on the roads.

How would you move a tank on a railroad-track or across a road? not fast but slow and carefully just as in real life, even on open ground I use slow command for vehicles with poor off-road abilities, when we talk of muddy or damp ground conditions, thats my experience anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some things, such as knocking down fences, tanks with fast orders slow down all on their own just like you would expect a good driver to do.  I am not sure if that applies to crossing railroad tracks or not.  It probably should. 

As for speed off road: I am not sure exactly what would be best in real life but in the game, as it is currently designed, the ordered speed does not effect chances of getting bogged. In real life driving slowly through snow is not really the best option since it actually makes it easier for you to end up stuck (of course driving fast is not a good choice either since that leaves you vulnerable to loosing control).  At any rate the point is that in the game it does not make a difference.

Having said that if you, or I, or anyone else want to use a slower moving speed for bad conditions or just off road in general then I think that is just fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

How would you move a tank on a railroad-track or across a road? not fast but slow and carefully just as in real life, even on open ground I use slow command for vehicles with poor off-road abilities, when we talk of muddy or damp ground conditions, thats my experience anyway.

We had a big discussion elsewhere on these forums about bogging.  Someone did tests with vehicles crossing walls, fences and hedges using FAST vs SLOW and according to the tests, there was NO difference in the % chance of damage (in the game).  Not intuitive at all.  We have to appreciate that this is still a game and some things do not reflect RL.

Al long time ago there were extensive tests using different types of terrain.  But, perhaps updates and patches have changed all that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

<Snip>  one core vehicle that I found very challenging during play-testing: the JPz IV./70(A) <Snip>  and its off-road ability is terrible, I recommend only to use it on paved roads and if you go off-road use the slow command.

The JPz IV has an off road rating of three yellow bars.  For comparison the Panther has an off road rating of four green bars.  The three yellow bars combined with muddy ground conditions and possibly some mud action squares would definitely be a challenge.  Instead of speed being a factor I think mud is the main culprit.  

Thanks for taking all the time and effort to make a campaign.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

The JPz IV has an off road rating of three yellow bars.  For comparison the Panther has an off road rating of four green bars.  The three yellow bars combined with muddy ground conditions and possibly some mud action squares would definitely be a challenge.

The JPz IV./70(A) only has two orange bars for off-road movement so thats even worse, those bars should difinitely be taken into consideration when moving off-road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...