Stalingrad MOD: Comments Suggestions Help

The mod is released and can be found at CM Mods III http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/

Please use this thread to seek help with installation or comment. Read through the Installation and Design Notes. It may (or may not) answer some your questions. There is a starter scenario with two more battles coming very very soon. Other missions are being tested based on some of the larger battles we have read about over the years. Since these missions are still in development, your feedback on the MOD in action will very much enhance those designs. 

NigelP Umlaut kevinkin

6sdw5i.jpg

Edited by kevinkin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevinkin and NPye,

Just took a look at the mod and the three battles.  Have not played them so I can't comment on the play yet.

The look and feel is right.  I have studied Stalingrad ever since I was a young lad, always relying on photographs to get a feel of the ruins and bombed out buildings towering over streets covered with rubble.

The depiction of Stalingrad in CMBB was okay.  It worked because it was the best rendition at the time, and if I used my imagination a little more it was worth it, simply because I was fighting troops through Stalingrad and doing so in 3D, not pushing counters across one of those amazing (for the time) ASL maps from "Red Barricades."  My troops were running across streets and rushing buildings, and I was down there running across the streets with them and trying not to get cut down by enemy MGs.

I've followed your screen shots for the mod and thought they looked amazing.  Having just checked out the mod and the battles you have provided so far, I am still amazed.  The look and feel of the terrain and the towering skeletal buildings are just right!   They are eerily immersive and they really capture the look and feel of the parts of the city you have depicted so far.

I congratulate y'all on an amazing job.  This is truly a labor of love and I can't say enough about how much I appreciate all your hard work.  Seeing Stalingrad once more come to life in 3D, this time in the most incredible detail for buildings, with the CMx2 engine is so exciting. 

Thanks again for all your efforts.  They are truly appreciated.

Heinrich505 

Just a reminder to download all 4 zip files Part 1a Part 1b Part 2a Part 2b. This part, 2b contains a data folder with the Instructions and Design Notes, a starter scenario, and as a bonus a "bonus" PDF called Stalingrad Pocket. The PDF book is professionally authored by Akhil Kadidal. 

Heinrich505, thank you for the kind words. Stay tuned. There are more missions on the way. 

25 minutes ago, para said:

Can this be played H2H?

Sure. Both "heads" have to have the MOD installed. Larger scenarios are on the way for H2H or single player. I am sure QBs will come up. Oh I see kohlenklau brought this up already. OK show of hands, how many players want a QB solution?

Kevin 

Thanks kevinkin

Can i trouble you again?..i have unzipped all the (4) rar files into a folder and named it Stalingrad mod..i have placed this in my data folder in  the Thunder directory. is that it?

The only scenario at the moment is SM-May We all be Heroes? i am just checking i haven't missed anything

Edited by para

Totally awesome work gentlemen. This will bring CMRT to a new level and I am sure there will be some awesome scenarios upcoming. May have to give one a try myself. Great job fellas and thanks for making this available for all. As mentioned it is indeed a labor of love.

Michael (dragonwynn)

3 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Totally awesome work gentlemen. This will bring CMRT to a new level and I am sure there will be some awesome scenarios upcoming. May have to give one a try myself. Great job fellas and thanks for making this available for all. As mentioned it is indeed a labor of love.

Michael (dragonwynn)

OOHHH, a dragonwynn Stalingrad campaign? :D

Couple of scenario notes: this weekend two mission related to Stalingrad Railway Station No.1 will be posted. Then the following weekend (May 6), a battle around Univermag Department Store and Red Square will be ready. These all can be downloaded from the Scenario Depot at 

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/

Kevin

This is really extraordinary. Congratulations to the development team and more importantly, thank you!

Question -- is part of the vision of the project to eventually create a proper campaign for Stalingrad (whether German or Soviet focused) -- or is the idea to provide 'one off' scenarios? I recognize that a full campaign is an enormous amount of work to produce, but I was just wondering what sort of thing might be in the works.

Thanks again !

There will soon be massive master maps available so anyone could potentially build a campaign, ive built a small 2 map one featuring the the area before the Tractor factory and then the factory itself. Be available when its been play tested.

Just for the record:
The Stalingrad Mods are primarily Nigel's (NPye) work - even though he has kinldy put my name on it too. He has made the all of the building mods and much of the other stuff - such as maps and terrain. My contribution have mainly been a few terrain, vehicle and flavor object mods. Plus a bit of testing, file coordination and such.