Seems like bazooka/schreck VS infantry has been fixed

I've noticed lately that bazookas and panzerschrecks don't seem to get fired against infantry any more.

There was some discussion about this, a while ago, with some people being annoyed that their AT-weapons were being wasted against infantry.

Well, it seems they don't fire them against infantry any more, at least not in my latest two games. I think they still fire them when given a direct target order, but the time of having to remember to give each AT-team a short covered arc just to prevent them from wasting rockets sems to be over...?

If so, thumbs up BattleFront :)

Edited by Bulletpoint

Might it also depend on the cover of the infantry? I tried to ambush infantry in hedgerows with a schreck team, and they used their rifle and pistol instead. Later, my opponent fired some bazooka rounds into a house that I had vacated, so seems like area fire in some circumstances fires rockets - maybe because it was against a building? Which would make great sense..

With that said does HE create more splash damage hitting soft dirt or a hard metal tank?

Hmmm, good question. I'd be inclined to guess that hitting dirt would cause greater injury to nearby personnel due to the explosion throwing up pebbles and chips and other flying debris. Even having sand blown into your eyes at nearly the speed of sound could be disabling.

Michael

It used to be quite deadly against infantry in the game at least. If this is realistic I can't say. But I know it's been discussed before.

I wonder if a panzerschreck would even explode on impact with the ground, or if the fuze is only designed to detonate on impact against metal plate?

Edited by Bulletpoint

They definatly do still fire at infantry much to the ill fate of my men in the amein campagin, took out half the squad.

It just seems to me they do it much less now than they used to.. so it's either been tweaked or I suffer from wishful thinking.

Or maybe I just suffer from Murphy's law in that when I want to use it to my own advantage, my schrek teams refuse to fire, instead whipping out a pistol.

Thought you guys would be all over my CMFB bonus AAR which this last turn, shows a faust fired at a clump of infantry at about 50m range ( 'cos it was a PF60 :) ).

Took out at least one, maybe 2 men, so I'm not complaining :lol:

Haven't been following the AAR, but I think firing panzerfäuste against infantry is a bit silly really..