Umlaut´s Red Thunder mods

Since I´ve just uploaded a few Red Thunder mods and I´m probably going to upload more, I´ve decided to start a single thread dedicated to all my mods. Rather than begin a new thread for every new mod.

The latest mods are weathered Hetzers - in German and Hungarian versions (the ones in the picture are hungarian)

Hetzerreklame.jpg

Previous Mods:

Nashorn:

Nashorn_rek.jpg

Decalled King Tigers - Henschel turret

13937261586_87dcdd0c99_c.jpg

SdKfz 251 Ausf. C halftracks

16344968509_5de2215bf8_b.jpg

Edited by umlaut

Next set ready for Kohlenklau´s hungarian project. This time the StuG IIIG Late

And since I was already at it, I also made a set with german decals.

Note that both sets contain four different paint options (including a weathered version of the original Battlefront camo). Choosen ONE of the four.

The mods in the hungarian set have been tagged [hungary] – and thus they will only show up in scenarios with this mod tag (unless your remove the mod tag of course).

Hungary set

German set

Stug_reklame.jpg

Ok might be something with the colors on my screen. But the weathering on edges appears grey to me, perhaps supposed to look like the paint is worn off. However, there would be no grey showing, as at the time the base color was yellow or red. 

I "think" we're talking the base camo colour of sand (yellow?) and red might mean red oxide primer underlying that?

I don't think either particularly matters with either a non penetrating hit that gouges downs to exposed metal underneath or a vehicle so hard worked as to abrade the applied finish down to bare steel.

As a matter of interest, how quickly would exposed steel rust and show a discernable discolouration?

As a matter of interest, how quickly would exposed steel rust and show a discernable discolouration?

I ve been wondering about that myself, but have decided not to go that far.

Edited by umlaut

I'll probably make a new version of my Tiger II mod at some stage, but I'm not sure when.

I have no plans to do the Tiger I, as I've never modded that one before and Aris already has made it.

I wont be modding the vehicles that Aris has already made, as I consider this a waste of time when there are still lots of unmodded vehicles in the games. I'll focus on those.

The Nashorns and StuGs were exceptions because they were "biproducts" of other mods (Hummel and hungarian StuG) and thus the modding work had already been done in another context.

Edited by umlaut

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Panzer IIIG and IIIM mods

I think the vanilla Panzer III´s look very nice - well in fact a bit too nice. So I gave them a bit of dust and camo.

There are three different camo schemes to chose from: Place the folder with your favorite in your mods folder - and leave the other two.

Here´s a Dropbox link for the mods. I´ll remove the folder from Dropbox, when the mods have been released on Cmmods IV.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgib7517a63vebm/AAD8FnLJwD1bD904oQt6BPv_a?dl=1

Preview.jpg?dl=1

Edited by umlaut

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Lovely work, umlaut!!

Any guidance re which camo is best to use on what periods or theaters?

Sorry, no.
I really dont know how historically accurate these camo schemes might be - or not be. I found them somewhere on the web a long time ago - and if I remember correctly the site said they were actual german camo schemes. But I havent checked them further, I'm afraid.