more modules

Yep last word was we are still owed a module to go to end of war.

But I wouldn't expect it until after the Bulge Family is well underway at least. Now they might surprise us before then with a Forces Pack to include the French. I think a French Forces pack would be more interesting for CMFI then CMBN with all those exotic troops. IIRC their contribution to the fight was bigger in Italy than it was in Northern France at least up to August/Sept '44.

I wounder how far off the next module is. It feels like they wont do a vehicle pack when there is still room for a module. At the same time it feels like they would want flame units released fairly close to the v3 upgrade. Fingers crossed :D

Fizou, that's a good point. It seems they would want to introduce flame units sooner than later. I have no idea what the overlap between the North Western Europe and Italy would be as far as flame units and others that was offered in the CMBN Vehicle pack, other then man-portable flame throwers.

We have plans for Fortress Italy but there is nothing to officially announce at the moment.

North Africa would most likely be a separate product from Fortress Italy, not an expansion of it.

Good to hear chris so far Fortress Italy is my favorite CM game I was super hyped for Red Thunder, but it wasnt what i had hoped for (not that it wasnt good) So im excited to see Battlefront still has plans for it. I hope Battlefront decides to do North Africa I would love to see some earlier war games being made

If distant memory serves, there's a minor problem in that there's no stand-out campaign to tie a dedicated 'module' around. Lots of fighting of in Italy of course but no one significant well known operation. This implies they'd have to give something more generic. Do the date extension and add the vehicles and other units but no 'Market Garden'-type action to focus exclusively on.

People around hear awhile ago were saying the next one would be called gothic line if i remember

That would probably be appropriate, but the initials for it would be the same as those for Gustav Line, which would lead to confusion. Might be better to go with Liberation of Rome, or something like that.

Michael

That would probably be appropriate, but the initials for it would be the same as those for Gustav Line, which would lead to confusion. Might be better to go with Liberation of Rome, or something like that.

Michael

Well i was reading about the gothic line (very briefly) and i got the assumption that italians were part of the gothic lines defense. I had asked before why no scenarios in Gustav line had italians in them and someone had said they werent really fighting on main land italy. If one of you arm chair historians wants to enlighten me feel free:p

Well i was reading about the gothic line (very briefly) and i got the assumption that italians were part of the gothic lines defense. I had asked before why no scenarios in Gustav line had italians in them and someone had said they werent really fighting on main land italy. If one of you arm chair historians wants to enlighten me feel free:p

Mussolini was tossed out of power by the King sometime during the battle for Sicily. A new government was formed and, because Italy was lousy with Germans, they then pledged undying allegiance to Germany. The new Italian government made secret attempts to negotiate surrender with the allies but nobody trusted each other enough to pull something off that was satisfactory to both sides. So just before the invasion of Naples (literally while the invasion force was approaching the coast) the Italians decided to surrender anyway and take their chances. So as a nation, Italy effectively was out of the war before any allied troops landed on mainland Italy. There were still some Italians who fought on with the Germans, but they were not part of the national Italian army. Eventually some Italian formations fought alongside the allies, but they generally weren't given strenuous tasks.

To bring it back to games terms: Strange, I learned that questionable morale (as one may expect with Italian troops in Italy), does not play a role in CM.

I still dare to say, that the will makes a difference. One may have the experience and the skills and still lack the resolution to continue.

Or, to make it short, I have the impression, the Italians are over rated.

To bring it back to games terms: Strange, I learned that questionable morale (as one may expect with Italian troops in Italy), does not play a role in CM.

I still dare to say, that the will makes a difference. One may have the experience and the skills and still lack the resolution to continue.

Or, to make it short, I have the impression, the Italians are over rated.

Morale is set on a scale by the scenario / campaign designer from poor to fanatic IIRC (poor, low, normal, high, and fanatic). So if you want Italians that run at the first sight of an enemy soldier just set their morale to poor in whatever scenario you want to make. So morale does play a role, it is simply controlled by the designer as opposed to an automatic across the board game added penalty that may or may not reflect reality depending upon the circumstances and situation.