Female Faces

If anyone was wondering why there are no women on this forum, this thread would be a great place to figure out why. I am no longer sure I should be encouraging my daughters to play this game and have them seek out opponents on this forum.

I asked a simple question to find out if there were any plans to include women who played a role in the Red army and the amount absolute drivel in the responses has been disappointing. If I had asked this question in the Peng challenge thread I would have expected this.

/quote]

The responses have nothing to do with the lack of females on this forum. This is not Angry Birds or Hello Kitty and BF could spend a lot of time, money and resources and would not attract enough women to make it worthwhile simply due to the subject matter.

As for women in direct combat roles that involve very heavy physical demands I'm ambivalent.

In some ways I'm against it. I've been in situations where HR or some other starry eyed individual with an adgenda mandated quotas and the results are people who can't hack it are put into positions because of race or gender and the end result is the rest of us end up carrying the load to make up for the shortcomings.

I have a quote from Wikipedia:

There were 800,000 women who served in the Soviet Armed Forces during the war. Nearly 200,000 were decorated and 89 eventually received the Soviet Union’s highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union. Some served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.

Manshuk Mametova was a machine gunner from Kazakhstan and was the first Soviet Asian woman to receive the Hero of the Soviet Union for acts of bravery. Mariya Oktyabrskaya and Ukrainian Alexandra Samusenko were tank commanders decorated with the same award.

My two cents,

Mech.Gato

I wouldn't mind seeing a few women represented (on the Russian side), as long as it's done for historical reasons rather than political correctness. And as long as it's not done to cater to some kind of fantasy.

But really, I think there are lots of other things Battlefront should use their limited resources on before we get to that point.

Boy, this one:

russian_female_soldier_8__ww2_by_uniformfan-d5r4kfv-1.jpg

is a real beauty. She looks like she would be at home on any California beach.

:)

Michael

That awkward moment when you realize that the hot ~18 year old women on the old black & white photograph at your grandparents house is actually your grandmother...