Which one do you prefer and why (CMCW/MG)

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Commonwealth force

It includes Luftwaffe ground forces and Waffen SS which allows for these units in scenario creation.

MG supports only German Heer and Kriegsmarine units for scenario's and QB's.

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Commonwealth force

It includes Luftwaffe ground forces and Waffen SS which allows for these units in scenario creation.

MG supports only German Heer and Kriegsmarine units for scenario's and QB's.

There is some Waffen SS in MG as well, issent there? Im pretty sure. More rag tag formations.

I agree..really you need them all.

REALLY, DO YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE.

They are all great, I cannot figure how anyone cannot just want to have them all. Every period has distinct events and match ups and terrain that makes them interesting.

But If I had to select between them two MG was my favorite.

Agreed. I think it is great that they keep all the theater's up to date. I might be wrong but I think the ability to upgrade the diffferent games is pretty unique in the gaming world. I think we are very lucky but I also think it works great for Battlefront too - given they have a small development team

Agreed. I think it is great that they keep all the theater's up to date. I might be wrong but I think the ability to upgrade the diffferent games is pretty unique in the gaming world. I think we are very lucky but I also think it works great for Battlefront too - given they have a small development team

Couldn't agree more. The upgrade system allows us wargaming and history grogs to truly appreciate a the unique aspects of a theatre of war without varying gameplay features getting in the way.

I remember how frustrating it was when CMBB was released and made CMBO feel obsolete. The new common engine is much better.

Rather than games supplanting games, now it feels like an expanding system (a la Advanced Squad Leader).

I remember how frustrating it was when CMBB was released and made CMBO feel obsolete. The new common engine is much better.

Rather than games supplanting games, now it feels like an expanding system (a la Advanced Squad Leader).

Completely agree! What us this ASL you speak of?

Bobo

Absolutely agree! Sadly, CMBO was regulated to my gaming dustbin because it just felt obsolescent in comparison to CMBB and CMAK. It's great that the same fate will not occur to CMBN and CMFI as Battlefront releases its engine upgrades.

However, upon 3.0's release for CMBN and CMFI we'll probably see another round of teeth gnashing and the rendering of garments by the "Why are we being charged for a patch?!?" crowd as what occurred with CMBN's 2.0 release.

However, upon 3.0's release for CMBN and CMFI we'll probably see another round of teeth gnashing and the rendering of garments by the "Why are we being charged for a patch?!?" crowd as what occurred with CMBN's 2.0 release.

Sad but true. I'm more than happy paying a small fee to update the games.

But we are so Beyond Squad Leader now....

Still have a huge bin of counters and boards in the garage.

Bobo

I sold mine. My squad leader, ASL and my magazines.

I made more money than what I bought them for.

Loved the game but when the time to move on came, I went. Even if it does require me to keep a nice computer up and running to enjoy what we have now. :)