Game Engine V3.0 Changelog

Hello there.

Wanted to know where i can find a Game Engine Changelog for V3.0?

Want to know what have changed/fixed. Very interested to know if that "Hull Down Spotting Problem" has been overlooked and if theres been any changes.

Thx in advance!

We do not have a change log for bug fixes and tweaks. We do have this though:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=330&Itemid=567

The hull down spotting fixes are definitely in the game, and will be in all future games and Upgrades as well.

Steve

But wouldnt it be great to know what got fixed? Also want to know about that "ATG-Mobility" thing. :)

Great to have that hull down Spotting Fix in the Game. Cant wait replay some Scenarios of CMFI and CMBN where that was an Issue to me. Hope there will be a Patch soon. Will buy all of them. *thumbUp*

We fix so many things on a regular basis that we don't bother to note them. It's especially confusing with new features because we spend a lot of time fixing problems that the general public never sees. As in thousands of things.

Yup, ATGs mobility problems have been fixed as well. IIRC the main fix is that there is no longer a big setup delay when moving the gun short distances.

Then there's things like the new Target Briefly pause time feature. We tossed that in very quickly on a whim so it wasn't on the primary feature list. And so until just now I even forgot we added it :D I'll get that added to the website's list.

Steve

We fix so many things on a regular basis that we don't bother to note them. It's especially confusing with new features because we spend a lot of time fixing problems that the general public never sees. As in thousands of things.

Yup, ATGs mobility problems have been fixed as well. IIRC the main fix is that there is no longer a big setup delay when moving the gun short distances.

Then there's things like the new Target Briefly pause time feature. We tossed that in very quickly on a whim so it wasn't on the primary feature list. And so until just now I even forgot we added it :D I'll get that added to the website's list.

Steve

Thank you Steve!

Those Changelogs can be a Huge Selling Argument for many People who come back. I remember once CMBN was released. Some of the Game was great. Other things needed to get better. I never purchased CMFI or a CMBN Module. Then the Patch 2.0 came out and i gave the Game a Second Chance (as im a Combat Mission Fan since year 2000) and its a Blast! Its a totally diffrent Game after the Patch and i highly recommend anyone i met to give it a chance or a second Chance.

So a rough overview on what has been looked into would be a great seeling Argument i guess.

Thank you Steve!

Those Changelogs can be a Huge Selling Argument for many People who come back. I remember once CMBN was released. Some of the Game was great. Other things needed to get better. I never purchased CMFI or a CMBN Module. Then the Patch 2.0 came out and i gave the Game a Second Chance (as im a Combat Mission Fan since year 2000) and its a Blast! Its a totally diffrent Game after the Patch and i highly recommend anyone i met to give it a chance or a second Chance.

So a rough overview on what has been looked into would be a great seeling Argument i guess.

+1

write exactly what i think !

Thanks TimoS

Hello All:

Congratulations on releasing the game. Wondering about these three issues. I asked before but got no reply.

1. The loader of the ATG sees a juicy tank but the ATG cannot fire as the Gunner cannot see it. IOW has it been changed so that the ATG team can make a small adjustment to the gun so it can fire at the target.

2. Moving tanks being able to spot ATGs too easily?

3. In the CMFI AAR there seemed to be a problem with setting up bunkers where units seemed to have LOS but then when the game started the bunker dropped a bit into the mesh so there was no longer good LOS from it.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Hello All:

Congratulations on releasing the game. Wondering about these three issues. I asked before but got no reply.

1. The loader of the ATG sees a juicy tank but the ATG cannot fire as the Gunner cannot see it. IOW has it been changed so that the ATG team can make a small adjustment to the gun so it can fire at the target.

3. In the CMFI AAR there seemed to be a problem with setting up bunkers where units seemed to have LOS but then when the game started the bunker dropped a bit into the mesh so there was no longer good LOS from it.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

1. Nothing has changed that I'm aware of

2. That's pretty subjective so I guess that depends on your perspective. I think some changes were made to spotting ATGs but whether it meets your standard or not is not possible to know

3. Bunkers have been dropping into the mesh since CMBN first came out so that's not something that was new to CMFI. As far as I am aware nothing was changed in that regard.

Hello All:

No. Units do not relocate to get a better shot, with the slight exception of individual soldiers. The reason for this is you don't want them to :D Trust me!

However, what has changed is that ATGs are much easier to reposition. Which means you, the player, can manually move an ATG into a new position much easier than you could before.

As ASL Vet said, this is too vague to comment on. Conditions for spotting or not spotting something are plentiful and very situationally specific. I do know, though, that there is not some across the board problem.

Yup, that's been a priority fix request of mine for a while now. Unfortunately it's an extremely awful problem from a coding standpoint. Since there's no easy fix it's been continually bumped to another day.

Steve

Thanks for the answers. In terms of ATGs, are they now more camouflaged. In RL the ATG team would have tools to help them do this. All we can do as players is just find the best spot for the gun; we cannot camouflage it.

Gerry

I've never had any issues using ATGs in the game. I generally get several shots before my guns get spotted - I always have. How other people use their ATGs though I can't comment on.

Thank you Steve!

I remember seeing an interview with a famous politician (no names to avoid politics). When he got started in politics, his first job had been as a staffer for a very well-known, prominent, and long-serving senator. One day, he asked his boss the senator, "What is the most surprising thing you have learned in politics?"

The senator looked at him and said in all seriousness, "How often you have to remind people what you've done for them."

The senator looked at him and said in all seriousness, "How often you have to remind people what you've done for them."

Heh... sounds like my town. Very well run, but people think all the good that happens is accidental and any minor failings (perceived or actual) is done deliberately by incompetent management of town affairs. Of course these are the people that will vote down any sensible solution because they don't understand how things work in the real world. Trying to explain things to them, no matter how respectfully and carefully, just makes them angrier because they think they already know everything they need to know. Which is to vote NO on everything. We call them CAVE People:

Citizens

Against

Virtually

Everything

:D

Listing all the good that the local government does just gets you in their crosshairs. It doesn't give one much hope for the future, that's for sure, since these are the same people that have got us into the messes we are already in.

But I digress!

Steve

Yeah, having lived in the UK and now living and running a small business in Japan, it does give one perspective on just how far-out some current political beliefs are in the US.

However, best to avoid politics here, eh.

But you guys shouldn't hesitate to make it clear to folks in easily-digestible forms just how much you are doing for them. I know it's a pain in the watoosy and shouldn't be needed in a more perfect world, but humans being what they are...

sometimes, you just gotta' spell it out for 'em in big letters.