CM:SF/BF------Wed 7/29/2009

CM:SF Nato----Thu 10/21/2010

CM:BN---------Tue 5/17/2011

CM:BN/CW-----Tue 4/17/2012

CM:FI----------Thu 8/02/2012

CMFI/GL--------Mon 5/20/2013

CM:BN/MG------Tue 11/26/2013

CM:RT----------Fri 4/4/2014

BF has definitely gotten to the 2 releases a year threshold and this doesn't include the engine updates to keep the families consistent. What will we see next this year? :D

Funny thing is, their churning out stuff faster seems to have absolutley no impact on our impatience for stuff to be released.

I understand why BF is doing this as they need the revenue stream. But, I can't understand how anyone can play more than a fraction of the scenarios and campaigns before a new release comes out. When I was was laid up due to injury and could play for 8-12 hours a day, even then I could barely keep up. :(

so is that a complaint? Would you like BF to slow down? :P

On the serious side, not everyone buys everything (though I can't understand why not!)

I expect there is a whole grouping of people thinking pffft on the release of Red Thunder and are sitting back and waiting for the new modern game release.

I haven't played all of the battles, but have h2h games going in all 3 and have already made plans to start an h2h game or 2 in RT when me and opponent get it installed.

Variety is nice.

The late EF period was never the most interesting to me, but I'll get into it as much as the other periods.

Funny thing is, their churning out stuff faster seems to have absolutley no impact on our impatience for stuff to be released.

And it probably never will.

Having played some MMO's I know that it doesn't matter how fast a gaming company churns out content, there will always be impatient gamers wanting more :)

I have definitely not played everything in any of the releases, but that is partly because I play more HTH or mess around with my own designs. That is one thing you can't assume with the product. We all handle and use it differently so you can't draw any conclusions based on your own behavior. Check out umlaut, I expect he spends most of his time messing with Ciembienne. Pretty cool actually. I spend an inordinate amount of time on a map of my own trying different things as well, and have another large map I am slowly working on.

Lots of choices and options for the community.

It's a good thing. Martha will probably sue me now. :P

I jump between titles depending on my interest at that moment. Doesn't matter to me if I play all the scenarios or not. As long as I can switch theaters or time periods, as my mood dictates, I am happy.

EDITED: And what Sburke said. I spent a good three months or more just modding the CMBN portrait update and CMFI portraits.

Mord.

Actually, I'm glad RT is out so I can quit playing it for a bit! I had to uninstall MG and GL because my comp couldn't handle RT testing with those others installled. I ended up playing RT twice as much as I would normally play trying to keep up with the new builds as they came out. I have many unplayed scenarios and campaigns from MG and GL, plus some mods, that I want to get back too!

We've found that our customer base is far more fragmented than one expects. Especially when looking at the posts on this forum. There are some that only want to play Eastern Front, others who have no interest in it. Some think the campaigns in Southern Europe are more interesting, many disagree emphatically. And then there is Modern :D Few of customers want to play all of these things, which means for us to keep our customer base happy we need to have a variety of games out concurrently and as quickly as possible.

Red Thunder finally gets us the Eastern Front setting so many have wanted.

Steve

I think it's great that BF has gotten into its "stride". Just saying, if you don't have time to actually play more than a fraction of scenarios... (Maybe everyone else is just very fast?)

I've played a lot of CM, but only a fraction of the scenarios. 4 times out of 5, I'll come home from work and have maybe an hour to play CM. So I fire up a QB - usually small on small, small on medium, sometimes tiny on tiny or small - and play for an hour or so.

When I have more time, I'll play scenarios, although I tend to play medium and below, which takes less time, too.

But I think everyone plays differently.

and then there are those of us who figure you guys have a way or surprising us with stuff we weren't aware we would like and will just buy friggin everything. I still am amazed at how much I enjoy CMFI.

I fall into this category. I love each and every CM-setting, just for the variation and different challenges that they pose. Still haven't tried modern era. However, will happily try the next version of it.

Keep up the good work BFC. Can't think of any other product that brings as much satisfaction per dollar spent. CMRT was an easy choice. Downloading as I write...:D