RPS reviews a pre release version.

Wodin

I have a dissertation due on the 11th of April. The further back battlefront pushes the release date the more likely I will fail. For the good of humanity (since everything has to be about me, duh) you should release post haste. Yes tomorrow will do perfectly, I shall see you at seven.

Bring the cheese!

I have a dissertation due on the 11th of April. The further back battlefront pushes the release date the more likely I will fail. For the good of humanity (since everything has to be about me, duh) you should release post haste. Yes tomorrow will do perfectly, I shall see you at seven.

Bring the cheese!

Is the dissertation entitled "Combat Mission: Red Thunder - the state of the consim game art"? Cos I reckon unless it is, if they leave it til after 11 April you've got a better chance of getting your dissertation handed in than if you burn the midnight oil rampaging across Byelorussia... :)

So, for the sake of PeterH's academic career, BFC, please leave it another fortnight or so.

The most potentially controversial entry in Tim's AAR was this:

I can see it’s going to take me a while to adjust to Combat Mission’s new tankodesantniki. I’ve just lost another clutch of tank riders to small-arms fire. They seem to cling on when the lead starts flying, rather than automatically abandoning ship the way they do in Graviteam Tactics.

Expect a long thread on this topic when RT is released.

Expect many quotes from the already long thread about this topic from the Beta testers and developers.

Well, maybe no quotes: it would be churlish to quote private conversations in public.

This topic has been discussed and there are solid, TACTICAL, reasons for this behavior.

I shall now return to leading my Red Hordes! (I hope I'm not burnt out of East Front action by the time the rest of you get to start playing... :) :) )

Ken ;)

Expect many quotes from the already long thread about this topic from the Beta testers and developers.

Well, maybe no quotes: it would be churlish to quote private conversations in public.

This topic has been discussed and there are solid, TACTICAL, reasons for this behavior.

I shall now return to leading my Red Hordes! (I hope I'm not burnt out of East Front action by the time the rest of you get to start playing... :) :) )

Ken ;)

Ok, that's it!! I am officially asking BF to take away all of your sharp pointy objects since you can't seem to stop twisting the handles on them. That evil grin while you do it is also equally disturbing. You must not have gotten much attention in your younger years I reckon? ;)

Is the dissertation entitled "Combat Mission: Red Thunder - the state of the consim game art"? Cos I reckon unless it is, if they leave it til after 11 April you've got a better chance of getting your dissertation handed in than if you burn the midnight oil rampaging across Byelorussia... :)

So, for the sake of PeterH's academic career, BFC, please leave it another fortnight or so.

What on earth are you doing man! Traitor! Traitor! Purge him with fire!

Its not unfortunately. The title if I can remember correctly is something along the lines of "Is there a gaming identity? Explorations within an online community of social gamers"

I should probably think about finishing it.