RPS reviews a pre release version.

Wodin

Is the dissertation entitled "Combat Mission: Red Thunder - the state of the consim game art"? Cos I reckon unless it is, if they leave it til after 11 April you've got a better chance of getting your dissertation handed in than if you burn the midnight oil rampaging across Byelorussia... :)

So, for the sake of PeterH's academic career, BFC, please leave it another fortnight or so.

Just so. In fact, I think you should hold off another month. That gives Peter not only time to finish his dissertation in a leisurely way, but also several days to recover from his academic exertions so that he can approach the game fresh as a daisy after several nights of complete sleep. After all, it really is all about him.

Michael

Ok, that's it!! I am officially asking BF to take away all of your sharp pointy objects since you can't seem to stop twisting the handles on them. That evil grin while you do it is also equally disturbing. You must not have gotten much attention in your younger years I reckon? ;)

I bet he used to catch snails and slugs and pour salt on them. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if he still does that. Easier than catching flies to pull their wings off.

Michael

Just so. In fact, I think you should hold off another month. That gives Peter not only time to finish his dissertation in a leisurely way, but also several days to recover from his academic exertions so that he can approach the game fresh as a daisy after several nights of complete sleep. After all, it really is all about him.

Michael

Stop this mean meaneyness!

I bet he used to catch snails and slugs and pour salt on them. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if he still does that. Easier than catching flies to pull their wings off.

Michael

Mord.

That screenshot caught my eye, too. Very nice, but only due to artistic effort, rather than a new game effect.

Crushing objects would be great, but collision detection and clipping would need to be raised by several orders of magnitude. Imagine your one FO team in a jeep getting crushed by your own tank due to a mis-timed move order. Or, are you saying the TacAI should've known that you didn't want that jeep to be crushed? ;) If guns can be crushed, what about men? What about friendly men? Etc.

I'd still like to crush enemy machineguns and atg's.

Ken