Dead horses...live horses too?

mjkerner

What about the old Junk Object #8, the beat up old truck a pic of which is in the Original CMBN Manual? We will ever get that?

IIRC there was an old post by Dan "Kwazydog" Olding that they would not include abandoned civilian vehicles as objects until they could do them right, which would include having them be destroyed and catching fire and moving from a relatively clean state to a burnt out state.

Roy rode "Golden Cloud" before Trigger.

Lone Ranger rode a chestnut mare called Dusty.... but Lone Ranger saves Silver's life from an enraged buffalo (Water Buffalo?) in gratitude, Silver chooses to give up his wild life to carry him.

Tonto's horse Scout.... "Git-um up, Scout!"

Surely our animal companions will have life breathed into them by the powers that animate and want to be "historically accurate."

Getting all Verklemptz ;)

then of course... WAR HORSE - Joey trained for the plough .... cut.... Joey faces an oncoming tank....escapes and runs into no-man's land, where he gallops through the devastated Somme battlefield and gets entangled in the barbed wire barriers... a war horse could survive the battle... cut... Joey returns to his family's farm.

Getting all Verklemptz

Zulu (1964 film)? No. I have not. But my friend is Netflix:D

Oh Buzz, oh poor Buzz! You haven't seen the greatest British Colonial/Zulu Wars film ever made?

You will not regret watching it. I saw it in the theater in '64 when I was 11, and it was one of the the main reasons I started getting into reading military history and wargaming.

Also, it skyrocketed Michael Caine's movie career. Oh, and you'll like this...it has fire in it!

But we digress...can't wait to mod the dead horse to make it look, er, more dead.:D

Sorry.. I haven't seen the greatest British Colonial/Zulu Wars film ever made... but I will order it to be initiated. As for "beating a dead horse" how do we know it is really dead? Doesn't look to shabby... maybe it is just one of those "lulls in the battle"... resting...sleeping. By Engine 4.0 ... horsey (and all it's Animal Planet brethren) could be ALIVE and participating in our victory on the battlefield;)

Just because you guys think they are dead doesn't mean they still can't be a welcome distraction for those lulls in the battle. Remember the core of the word horse is hor.

I really hope there aren't some surprise new animations in RT....... I could be scarred interfering with my ability to enjoy CM Vietnam when it is released..

I can't make this stuff up. True story

Had to fix a gate this afternoon. Local rolled by on ATV and we talked a bit. Mentioned I was excited about new "historically accurate" game set in WWII Russians and Germans.

"Does it have hoses in it?"

I don't know.

"If it don't have hoses in it ... it ain't "historically accurate."

Well they have to create the computer models n's tuff.

"Do they have dead horses in it?"

I don't know.

"If they have dead horses in it they just have to make dead horses ... not dead ....to pull wagons and cannons. Horses did that in WWII so that would make it "historically accurate."

You have a point.

"Do they make games about Nam?"

No. Not yet anyway.

"If they do they will need to make live Water Buffalos. We sometimes used them in Nam."

Good point.

We talked a bit more and my friend rolled off on his ATV. I was not going to contradict him about horse history. The fellow would give you the shirt off his back, help you any way he could, has RODEO in his blood and horses on his property. I just found it hilarious I see this thread this evening.

So... there must be a way to make dead horses ... not dead ....to pull wagons and cannons. If it works for horses, then try cows and someone can MOD the odd Water Buffalo and Tag it :D

You couldn't make this stuff up - brilliant

You are so correct Lee. This guy is such a down to earth type / common sense guy. The funniest part was his insitence on "historically accurate" as he actually was in Nam doing some ... difficult assignments including... hand to hand ... survival.