Free Kindle ebook - Panzer Warfare on the Eastern Front

For those interested in this stuff (lol, wink) this is also an excellent document on Eastern Front stuff...

SMALL UNIT ACTIONS DURING THE GERMAN CAMPAIGN IN RUSSIA

Various formats

https://archive.org/details/PAM20-269

HTML page here, has better quality pics

http://www.allworldwars.com/Small-Unit-Actions-During-German-Campaign-in-Russia.html

Also here's a link to a pdf of US forces small unit actions. Two from France, one Italy and one Pacific.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/books/100/100-14/CMH_Pub_100-14.pdf

-F

Thanks Fenris for posting this...just picked it up myself.

Also noticed that Rick Atkinson's "Army at Dawn, Battle for North Africa" and " Day of Battle, The War in Sicily and Italy" Kindle editions are both on sale for $1.40 each. I have the books and both are great reads.

Thanks for the heads up and for us non US out there just copy the title and open up your countries store, paste it in and it works every time for me.

Cheers

Thanks for this extra tip: was getting nowhere in my UK location Amazon until I tried this, and it worked.

And of course thanks to Fenris for the original heads up.

Got it to. Now if someone already read it then please share your insights - book good or crap, etc.

Based on a VERY quick browse, it appears to belong to the we-wuz-robbed/not-me-guv/we-done-nuffink-wrong school of German memoirs, and totally justifies the price being charged.

That said, does anyone know of a way to *actually* d/l this? I don't have a kindle, so my copy is currently sitting in the amazon cloud ... Until such time as amazon arbitrily decide that it isn't mine anymore.

That said, does anyone know of a way to *actually* d/l this? I don't have a kindle, so my copy is currently sitting in the amazon cloud ... Until such time as amazon arbitrily decide that it isn't mine anymore.

There's an app linked on the right-hand side of the page that you can download so you can read Kindle on a PC and a variety of other platforms. I got it that way without any hassle and it doesn't look like the app automatically starts up on boot and starts talking to the ether. You can use the app for Gutenberg and other free repository books as well. My only gripe at the moment is that for me the option to change where content is stored is greyed out so it's dumping it into My Docs on C:.

Based on a VERY quick browse, it appears to belong to the we-wuz-robbed/not-me-guv/we-done-nuffink-wrong school of German memoirs, and totally justifies the price being charged.

It sounds like that applies to the more operational-level chapters? Not really being a grog, I've cheery-picked the more personal stories, which seem to be very much in the golly-gosh and tally-ho style. You're not going to learn much about tactics (unless bailing out of tanks is considered such), but I've found the stories interesting. Something that surprised me is how reckless they seem to be in some of the stories, like it is a big adventure. These have mostly been early war stories though - I'll have to see if the tone changes in the later chapters.

I get the impression that Amazon is no longer offering the app that allows Kindle books to be read off one's computer. At least I couldn't find it when I searched their site for one.

Michael

I'm looking at mine on the Kindle app on an iPad, if that helps?