Market Garden????

market garden would be great. Probably really difficult on the allied side but still. Is it something in development or just something people would like to see? I always thought it would be nice too to be able to see your orbat between battle with number of kills and who got medals just like in the close combat series.

Is it something in development or just something people would like to see?

Oh it's definitely in development. In fact, IIRC it was expected by now but perhaps FI took its place in the release schedule for some reason or other. Quite possibly it turned out that some feature required for MG has turned out to be harder to develop than was anticipated.

Michael

Oh it's definitely in development. In fact, IIRC it was expected by now but perhaps FI took its place in the release schedule for some reason or other. Quite possibly it turned out that some feature required for MG has turned out to be harder to develop than was anticipated.

Michael

My money's on Fire.

Not necessarily the graphical depiction, more likely teaching the AI to use and/or cope with it.

My money's on Fire.

O the calamity! Won't someone think of the poor moths! ;)

Not necessarily the graphical depiction, more likely teaching the AI to use and/or cope with it.

Yeah, that gamey AI, setting fire to things willy nilly just to get free smoke screens...

Probably the major stumbling block is simulating assault boats on fire! Now THAT would be a challenge.

Regards

KR

....While using Bren guns on tripods to shoot at dead cows. The cargo in the boats must be motorcycles with sidecars.

But the real issue would be the Space Lobsters in the river.

Not really. Once the boats start to sink, they stop burning. Quite simple really.

Michael

Just being a little nitpicky here, but the burning only definitely stops when the sinking ends. (And then only if there ain't no stuff like magnesium or phosphorus or such on board.)

So even this isn't quite as simple as it seems..:cool:

Just being a little nitpicky here, but the burning only definitely stops when the sinking ends.

Well that depends on how deep the water is, doesn't it? I mean, if the water is shallow, say knee-deep, so that it stops sinking once it is completely immersed, then you would be right. But suppose the water is several meters deep, possibly tens of meters deep, the boat will continue to sink even after it is completely immersed and the flames extinguished.

So there! I've run rings around you logically!

:P

Michael

I think it would be more interesting to use imaginary numbers. I know I always had a special fondness for the square root of minus one. It was like that kid in junior high that nobody would sit next to in the lunch room. It's not that there was anything wrong with him, they just didn't hang with him. So it is with imaginary numbers. They are always alone, but they don't mind because they have incredibly rich inner lives.

Michael

Well that depends on how deep the water is, doesn't it? I mean, if the water is shallow, say knee-deep, so that it stops sinking once it is completely immersed, then you would be right. But suppose the water is several meters deep, possibly tens of meters deep, the boat will continue to sink even after it is completely immersed and the flames extinguished.

So there! I've run rings around you logically!

:P

Michael

My dear Michael,

Due to my linguistical inabilities as far as the English language is concerned, I thought that sinking meant "disappearing completely under the surface" (of a pool, pond, river, sea, ocean etc.). And no further.

But, shame on me, after looking "to sink" up in various dictionaries I found that it can also mean: "going under the surface until reaching the bottom".

So if we try to forget this apparent and horrible openness of the English language for huge misunderstandings, then, and only then, I have to admit that you did indeed have run rings around me!:cool:

I think it would be more interesting to use imaginary numbers. I know I always had a special fondness for the square root of minus one. It was like that kid in junior high that nobody would sit next to in the lunch room. It's not that there was anything wrong with him, they just didn't hang with him. So it is with imaginary numbers. They are always alone, but they don't mind because they have incredibly rich inner lives.

Michael

I dare you to repeat that over in the peng thread