Gustav Video

Sure, but it sounds like it could be done with a simple mod - whereas we'd have to add toggles and documentation and code to support other things. In terms of bang for the buck I think there might be other priorities to spend time on, especially with a mod available that does precisely that.

Well, there are things mods can't hide/disable, such as building transparency when there are troops inside.

Well, there are things mods can't hide/disable, such as building transparency when there are troops inside.

Indeed. I dream of a toggle like "hide game aids"(?) in CM1. It would be great if we with one keystroke could toggle: floating icons, bases, red crosses, building tranparency, vehicle hit text, landmarks, objectives, perhaps compass - and so on.

Indeed. I dream of a toggle like "hide game aids"(?) in CM1. It would be great if we with one keystroke could toggle: floating icons, bases, red crosses, building tranparency, vehicle hit text, landmarks, objectives, perhaps compass - and so on.

Agreed. Yes please.

Indeed. I dream of a toggle like "hide game aids"(?) in CM1. It would be great if we with one keystroke could toggle: floating icons, bases, red crosses, building tranparency, vehicle hit text, landmarks, objectives, perhaps compass - and so on

.Agree 3

PC says it would require effort for BF to do it. This sort of begs the question what was war movie mode trying to achieve? OK a faux realism which may be interesting for a few minutes but nothing else. I am not ungrateful that BF look at increasing the immersion level. I do wonder though if they think it all the way through or just go here is a quickie tweak which will read well when we launch CMGL.

What is revealing though is there is player demand for a true "clean" variant for recording the battles as war documentary. Hardly surprising given the efforts put into great graphics.

PC says it would require effort for BF to do it. This sort of begs the question what was war movie mode trying to achieve?

Phil mentioned previously that the "movie mode" coding affects things deeper in the engine, not apparent on the surface.

Agreed with those above that a toggle to remove game aids would be great for making movies and for those that like more immersion during game play.

PC says it would require effort for BF to do it. This sort of begs the question what was war movie mode trying to achieve? OK a faux realism which may be interesting for a few minutes but nothing else. I am not ungrateful that BF look at increasing the immersion level. I do wonder though if they think it all the way through or just go here is a quickie tweak which will read well when we launch CMGL.

If 100 people ask for Feature A and 1000 people ask for Feature B, we would favor doing Feature B all else being equal. Makes sense. But if Feature B is not practical and Feature A is, well... guess which one we're going to do and which one we're not going to do? Go on... guess :D

In this case the "movie" lighting was fairly easy to do because the underlying shader technology (which itself was a HUGE effort) made it that way. In fact, it has been pretty much sitting around coded, but untested, since last year. We just found ourselves with a little bit of time to finish it off.

As with anything optional we put into the game, some people are going to play exclusively with this mode on. Others will never, ever use it. Some will go back and forth. I think it's poor form for any one player to assume his particular preferences are the only ones that should be catered to.

What is revealing though is there is player demand for a true "clean" variant for recording the battles as war documentary. Hardly surprising given the efforts put into great graphics.

I agree a single "hide/show" toggle would be nice. I do suspect Phil is correct that it's easier said than done. Absolutely doable, just not high up on our list because players can get a "clean" environment already. Just not with one key stroke. But I will stick the suggestion in the queue so that it least doesn't get forgotten.

Steve

I agree a single "hide/show" toggle would be nice. I do suspect Phil is correct that it's easier said than done. Absolutely doable, just not high up on our list because players can get a "clean" environment already. Just not with one key stroke. But I will stick the suggestion in the queue so that it least doesn't get forgotten.

Yes, please. Add my vote for this one but do not forget toggling of transparent buildings and crosses.

I still secretly wish for the old "giant" toggle to increase the visual size of the units - Crtl-C or something? Had it's uses...

I'd like more the option to "light" the pixelltroops, something as in the old close combat .

i think It would improve the clarity in the reading the field of combat and at the same time it would save the realism .

The videos are excellent. Really looking forward to Gustav Line.

I like the War Movie mode, don't know if I would use it all the time though. Bet it looks very atmospheric in a winter battle. Any chance of getting a vid or screenshot of a snowy Italian day in War Movie mode? :)