Gustav Line- PREORDERS and new Screenshots!

It doesn't fire both at the same time, but selects which weapon to use based on the target.

Very interesting.

Perhaps the Germans should have side mounted MP40s to their Panzer Shrecks so they can switch to small caliber for the bailing crews.

But IMHO there is no such thing as wasting ammo:-)

Of course I also say there is "no such thing as too many chocolate chips" in cookies as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow there is just something special about AA guns engaging infantry. I'm glad they were included. I'm sure those mobile AA unit will be usefull. Everything looks very good.

I saw some strange animation however on one of the German AAs, the gunner was floating (laying) in air when covering. I specially liked the landscape in the German AA video, love the town high up on the hill.

I couldn't really make that much of The War Movie look, I get the idea but personally I'm not sure I'll use it that much. I'll have to see it in game before I can decide. I hope it didn't take that much time to implement it so that it didn't steal too much attention from all the other features that we want.

Now that we have AAAs in the game I'm pretty sure they will show up in Market Garden also, does it mean that we will also have them in the original CMBN period? (If you buy Market Garden Module that is).

All in all, great job BF. I'm looking forward to this even though I have limited gaming time atm.

Gustav line videos up with lots of AA action. The war movie shader is also shown I really like it, very subtle and gritty looking.

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if I would call it subtle. There is a dramatic difference, at least to my eyes. Which one looks better will be a matter of personal taste, but I think I'll be sticking to the more realistic-looking normal mode.

Subdued color is perhaps a better choice then subtle for the war movie shader. Love that we have an option for both modes coming in the new Gustav release

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if I would call it subtle. There is a dramatic difference, at least to my eyes. Which one looks better will be a matter of personal taste, but I think I'll be sticking to the more realistic-looking normal mode.

Except that I would expect it to use both when firing at aircraft, which after all is what it was designed for.

Michael

Actually from what I've read the M15A1 tended to use the .50 cals at first to let the German aircraft come closer, then surprise them with the 37mm.

At any rate, there's a technical limitation preventing this, so it isn't changing, and it has almost nil impact on game play in CM. This isn't Combat Mission: Air-Ground Combat after all. I won't lose sleep over it.

It was my impression the twin .50 acted primarily as 'spotting rounds'. Once the .50 cal tracers had tracked to the target then BOOM-BOOM-BOOM! The rounds' trajectories would match to perhaps 3/4(?) of the 37mm range. Remember the postwar Chieftain carried a coax .50 cal spotting rifle slaved to the 20 pounder, with was useful at standard combat ranges.

I saw some strange animation however on one of the German AAs, the gunner was floating (laying) in air when covering.

You win the prize for being the first (as far as I know) to have noticed that! Congrats.

The model was finally put in the game and the placeholder removed. Unfortunately when we took the video for you guys, there were some bugs with the crew placement. It could get pretty funny at times :D That's already been sorted out but not in time for the videos. We figured you'd all love to see 'em pounding away with floating crew rather than to look at boring old Brumbär and Elephants all day long ;)

Now that we have AAAs in the game I'm pretty sure they will show up in Market Garden also, does it mean that we will also have them in the original CMBN period? (If you buy Market Garden Module that is).

Yes and yes.

All in all, great job BF. I'm looking forward to this even though I have limited gaming time atm.

We'll be here whenever you have time for us. Thanks for the feedback.

Steve