New Screenshots 3/8/13

An 88 sighted across a tiny village square?? Must be green troops :P

I noted the background. Being early days I'm hoping that there's dynamic backgrounds for the weather if it's doable. But that's a teeny quibble seeing as it's WIP. Very nice to see more shots, thanks.

-F

Out of curiosity did the FSJ ever have a "tropical" uniform such as the Herman Goering division had?

Yes they did, specifically in North Africa. But I'm not sure that the 1st Parachute Division who were dropped into Sicily would have worn that. They flew in from Southern France.

Great shots. Question on uniforms and seasons:

With winter and snow will the soldiers be wearing heavier coats, gloves, etc?

Steve said in some post that they have put in a really cool system allowing for seasonal skins (vehicles and infantry) and even appropriate unit markings (I think?) and such via a "tagging" system. So no more swapping out mod folders to get scenario specific uniforms. So like you get a scenario and the correct mods for it and the game will automatically detect and load the correct ones.

I don't think the actual 3D model will change though.

They did? What were they doing there? I didn't think there was any Allied presence on the Continent north of Sicily until a year or so after Husky...

France was the destination of many German units who were reorganizing after a spell of serving on the Russian Front. IIRC there was a large allied presence in the Ukraine around that time and many German units were being rotated in and out of that battle zone. ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply, I think the angle of the fighting compartment front is not steep enough, it looks almost vertical, though that could be because of the angle its shot at. I know photos of Tiger tank turrets seem to have substantially different turret dimensions, thanks to the angle the photo was shot at.

CM Kursk, when?

Thanks for the prompt reply, I think the angle of the fighting compartment front is not steep enough, it looks almost vertical, though that could be because of the angle its shot at. I know photos of Tiger tank turrets seem to have substantially different turret dimensions, thanks to the angle the photo was shot at.

CM Kursk, when?

Double-check the in-game shot you've been looking at. Pay attention to the gun mantlet, top and bottom. You'll see that the front superstructure armor is sloped back, as evidenced by the distance from the mantlet to the superstructure.

It seems to be an illusion, due to the angle. They look really good in-game. :)

Ken

Love the seasonal shots especially.

So we will be able to take any map and apply the four seasons to it with appropriate results?

Yes, the map appearances (all season plus snow) change automatically based on date/weather/ground settings you select in the editor. No need to change anything in the map itself.

Great shots. Question on uniforms and seasons:

With winter and snow will the soldiers be wearing heavier coats, gloves, etc?

In colder weather soldiers have the option of wearing greatcoats now. It's a uniform option chosen using the "Appearance" function in the editor.

No pictures yet, the art of them is still a work in progress.

British battledress not quite there, especially the shape of the uniform and the netted helmet.

FWIW there may be some Mk III helmets in thoe new screenshots, but they won't be present in the released game. They're just a temporary hold-over from CMBN that hasn't been removed yet.