New file at the Repository: Salito Sunrise (2012-09-03)

I checked with a few people and was disappointed they don't have the bridge problem because it makes it all that much more difficult resolve. Sorry. I'll keep working on it, if something comes up.

Well its a pretty small map. And if scenarios that depend on surgical mortar strikes against a fixed enemy and infantry belly crawling all over the place don't appeal much to you, then you are probably not missing much.

Playing Real Time, I have had no problem crossing the bridge. BTW pretty good scenario.

One of the key to a victory is to use mortar smoke barrage to allow a better time for the guys crossing the bridge and deploying on either side of it. MG’s are good at putting suppressing fire from the upper floors of taller building while covering the crossing.

Cheer

Hi, I have not tried the map, but today i noticed a problem with bridges on another map.

For ages I could not cross the bridge (we go, vs AI). Every time i tried to click beyond the bridges it seemed to set the way-point directly under the bridge. The troops would run half way and then stop (and then die).

After a while I spun the map around and was looking from the enemy side, when I tried to move a troop across the bridge then it worked.

Basically what was happening was that whenever i tried to click beyond the bridge, looking in the direction of travel I was actually clicking on the bridge, EVEN if I clicked way up a hill beyond it. It was as though the bridge invisibly extended vertically from the floor right up to the sky. No matter where I clicked it was hitting the bridge when i looked in the direction of travel.

Hope that description makes sense, its possible that the people who had problems moving across the bridge were doing what i was doing and if so its perhaps not the map, more a bug in the way bridges are perceived by the system in 3D.

Pobs

Hi, I have not tried the map, but today i noticed a problem with bridges on another map.

For ages I could not cross the bridge (we go, vs AI). Every time i tried to click beyond the bridges it seemed to set the way-point directly under the bridge. The troops would run half way and then stop (and then die).

After a while I spun the map around and was looking from the enemy side, when I tried to move a troop across the bridge then it worked.

The exact same thing has happened to me. In addition to this it seem when I target on action spots close to the bidge with mortars, they have a hard time getting the distance right (even from some 150 m). Never had this kind of problem in CMBN.

@Rocketman

I take the opportunity seeing your post answer to thank you for your excellent trees’s translucent mod. Without it I would not have been able to play some scenarios having numerous trees and vineyards specifically in CMFI.

Cheer

Thank you, but you've got the wrong rocketman, the one behind the mod is Rocket Man - there are two of us Rocketmen on these boards.

• 10 years later...

@PEB14

In regards to your post at the scenario depot III.

I am not sure if this is the version 2 you are looking for as it does not say the version number anywhere.... Looks like I downloaded it on 09 /2012.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvdpemp1vsa6sgi/Salito Sunrise.zip?dl=0

I'll keep the link active for a few days.

Cheers!

Edited by Blazing 88's

7 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

@PEB14

In regards to your post at the scenario depot III.

I am not sure if this is the version 2 you are looking for as it does not say the version number anywhere.... Looks like I downloaded it on 09 /2012.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvdpemp1vsa6sgi/Salito Sunrise.zip?dl=0

I'll keep the link active for a few days.

Cheers!

Thanks, I've downloaded it.

I'll check to see if it's different from the version at FGM repository.