Where is it ... ?

Have you preordered?

Yes, preorder get it early.

(downloading now...)

Freaking hell I hate that - I would preorder it no problem but I dont want the mail option. What is the issue with BF offering preorders to download only ... should be pointed out that there is a press release at the wargamer saying the game is out - when in reality it damn well isnt ...

I was surprised, myself. I thought preorders downloads were done. I guess they may be giving the preorders guys a full 24 hours to download or something. In fairness to BFC they did send out the preorder emails with a strick 'don't tell anyone!' warning, which held for a good fifteen minutes. In a just world you'd all still be living in blissful ignorance. :)

I was surprised, myself. I thought preorders downloads were done. I guess they may be giving the preorders guys a full 24 hours to download or something. In fairness to BFC they did send out the preorder emails with a strick 'don't tell anyone!' warning, which held for a good fifteen minutes. In a just world you'd all still be living in blissful ignorance. :)

its still a crap system. I presume the issue is that if they offered pre orders for the download only option they would get less orders for the hardcopy. That smells just a little as its not a lower commitment to the game just a lower commitment to a different type of media. I guess they get a lot of people ordering the mail version that otherwise wouldnt simply so they avoid this situation. Still - the thing is out a lot earlier than I thought it would be so its swings and roundabouts ...

I could probably be lazy and simply copy&paste what I've written for the previous dozen or so releases :) Preordering a download doesn't make much sense. You won't be able to download it any quicker than the game is out. So we use preorders to

a) gauge better how much hardgoods we need to print.

B) give preorder customers a discount on getting hardgoods (going on the assumption that people who preorder are more likely to want both a download and a printed manual or limited edition box, for example)

c) give preorder customers a little head start on the game release as reward

This works very well for several years now, and we intend to keeping it this way.

Download only delivery options are usually available within 24 hours after the preorder guys have been notified. They're available now :)

Martin

I'd like to complain about not finding out it was available until midnight UK time - I only got 4 hours sleep as a result - this is an obvious sign of BF's legendary anti-European pro-USA bias, and their whole release strategy is fundamentally flawed!

To which I say: Tough titty! Which is exactly what you would say if a Europe-based company announced a release while I was still blissfully abed.

Michael

PS: I am sure you posted with tongue firmly in cheek, as did I.

;)

And I pre ordered but am on the road. LOL Christ I love folks freaking out because they may have to wait 24 hours. It should be called Crack Mission.

I'm not freaking out, just stating I pre-ordered and Battlefront have not fulfilled their part of the contract so - crap service.

I'm not freaking out, just stating I pre-ordered and Battlefront have not fulfilled their part of the contract so - crap service.

I wasn't referring to you rather the OP (sorry, you are correct that was not clear from my post), but before I stated it is crap service I'd try and find out why I didn't get the notice. It is a fair question to BF, but could also have an answer that may not be about them. (and hopefully get it sorted out prior to the next game/module to come out).

kelpie, the contract you enter with us does not include guaranteed hand delivery of the email notification. Emails get spam-blocked or lost or rejected. We cannot configure your spam filters for you, nor are we responsible in any way for what your internet service provider does. Did you enter your email correctly when you purchased? Did you whitelist sales@battlefront.com to make sure that you receive the email? Even those things do not guarantee email delivery, though.

kelpie, the contract you enter with us does not include guaranteed hand delivery of the email notification. Emails get spam-blocked or lost or rejected. We cannot configure your spam filters for you, nor are we responsible in any way for what your internet service provider does. Did you enter your email correctly when you purchased? Did you whitelist sales@battlefront.com to make sure that you receive the email? Even those things do not guarantee email delivery, though.

I appreciate things can get lost, I have checked my spam filters and I have contacted support with details of the transaction through PayPal. I have not yet had a reply.

Preordering a download doesn't make much sense. You won't be able to download it any quicker than the game is out.

Martin

Well that doesnt make any sense - if that WERE the case - I wouldnt have been complaining in the first place. The whole OP was based on the fact you can - and people were.