Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a series of screenshots in the Normandy screenshot thread showing the same thing happening. A German soldier attempted to throw a hand grenade but was cut down, and the live grenade fell to his feet, detonated and killed a few of his buddies around him. I was fascinated that Combat Mission simulates something like this, and was overjoyed when I not only got to experience it for myself first hand, but that it aided my troops in the process as well. Those fallschirmjager were proving to be a real nuisance. 

Another screenshot I took the other day:

s30ceG4.jpg

Nothing overly remarkable about it. I just think it looks really cool. 

I know its a video, but its a short one. Think of it as a fast screenshot slideshow!

LOL. That has yet to happen to me. That I've noticed, at least... though I do spend lots of time rewinding between turns, so I think I would've. It's got to be infuriating. But like someone else said, pretty cool that the simulation is rich enough to allow for these kinds of rare incidents. (Who'd have it any other way?!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2ev3hap.jpg

He only has moments to silently celebrate his perceived victory.  His last sight is the flash of tracers coming from the bow of the enemy tank.  The rifle falls from his lifeless hands.

The war goes on...

Heinrich505 

Oh wow what a visual treat these are! Are you using any mods, or are the screen captures all adjusted afterward? 

Bud,

The mods are the usual ones that everyone else has, I guess.  Lots of Vein's stuff and Aris. 

The screen shots are adjusted with Corel PaintShop Pro X6.  Nothing crazy, just a tweak here and there, adjust the sharpness, enhance bright & contrast, sometimes use filters.  If it brings out the desired effect, then I use it.  The night shots needed to be dramatic, so some lighting effects were adjusted and color vibrancy to make the explosions pop.  I didn't have to change much on the burning tank shot as the mod interacting with the night really built the mood.

Glad you like them.

Heinrich505

BLSTK,

Night effects are by far my favorites.  A long time ago I used to head out after dark with my father and we'd take atmospheric night pictures with our 35mm cameras together. 

These screen shot and photo adjusting programs are something I've only recently begun to play around with.  I was taking screen shots for CMBB and CMAK way back but never was able to adjust them.  The drama came from the angle or the moment the screen shot was captured.  Now, with these programs like Corel or Photoshop the game shots can be really enhanced to make the most of the moment.

I'm glad you and others are enjoying them.  They make the game come alive for me.

Heinrich505