Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

3 minutes ago, Hardradi said:

Agreed, even though I almost got rolled. :P

Nice video, I could have done with some of that pinpoint accuracy.

I essentially got rolled myself. Unfortunately the machine gun protecting my entire left flank got caught reloading and suffered a bunch of casualties, which then allowed close to a platoon of German infantry to pour over the ridge. Then, in the same minute the AT gun took too much direct fire and the crew abandoned the gun, effectively ending my ability to resist. Called it a cease fire there. 

I'll likely give the scenario another go, but next time I'll use the player setup version and concoct my own defense. 

On 09/07/2017 at 5:50 PM, IICptMillerII said:

I essentially got rolled myself. Unfortunately the machine gun protecting my entire left flank got caught reloading and suffered a bunch of casualties, which then allowed close to a platoon of German infantry to pour over the ridge. Then, in the same minute the AT gun took too much direct fire and the crew abandoned the gun, effectively ending my ability to resist. Called it a cease fire there. 

I'll likely give the scenario another go, but next time I'll use the player setup version and concoct my own defense. 

Yeah, I managed a draw. I also lost the AT gun but had the MG and bazooka teams closer to the end.

I contemplated an earlier cease fire but held out a bit longer...and :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some shots from a current PBEM battle 'Veni Vidi Vici'.

The Mighty Grille let's loose! Dust envelopes the crew.

5XInrEx.jpg

iRfZ9fY.jpg

RIy0uIZ.jpg

A PzIV and StuG III race up the slopes spitting fire!

V1XZpy5.jpg

With covering smoke billowing behind the PzGrenadiers assault the Canadian trench, range less than 15m.

DU7dN87.jpg

A grenade explodes between the brave Canadians!

ciZcsaF.jpg

A Canadian armoured car lays down suppressive fire.

fvPaeXR.jpg

buHxl6f.jpg

Two Churchills on either side of the river close in on the railway bridge.

cgo6FBA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Kuderian said:

Some shots from a current PBEM battle 'Veni Vidi Vici'.

The Mighty Grille let's loose! Dust envelopes the crew.

5XInrEx.jpg

iRfZ9fY.jpg

RIy0uIZ.jpg

A PzIV and StuG III race up the slopes spitting fire!

V1XZpy5.jpg

With covering smoke billowing behind the PzGrenadiers assault the Canadian trench, range less than 15m.

DU7dN87.jpg

A grenade explodes between the brave Canadians!

ciZcsaF.jpg

A Canadian armoured car lays down suppressive fire.

fvPaeXR.jpg

buHxl6f.jpg

Two Churchills on either side of the river close in on the railway bridge.

cgo6FBA.jpg

I'm sure the Canadians were very polite.

CanadianBORG.jpg

24 minutes ago, Sasa Narinasa said:

How come my pioneer units never seem to use their demolition charges as weapons?  You would think they would come in handy - especially as ad hoc anti-tank weapons!

They will under the right circumstances. Below is how I generally use engineers against tanks.

I always split the engineers into teams. Make sure the team you use has a demo charge.

Give the engineer/pioneer team a 360o Target Arc (not an Armored Target Arc or the engineers may not fire on the bailed out tank crew).

Fast engineer team to within two Action Spots (16 meters) of the flank or rear of the tank.

On their own the team will throw the demo charges at the tank.

Prepare for the tank crew to bail out shooting. 

Just now, MOS:96B2P said:

They will under the right circumstances. Below is how I generally use engineers against tanks.

I always split the engineers into teams. Make sure the team you use has a demo charge.

Give the engineer/pioneer team a 360o Target Arc (not an Armored Target Arc or the engineers may not fire on the bailed out tank crew).

Fast engineer team to within two Action Spots (16 meters) of the flank or rear of the tank.

On their own the team will throw the demo charges at the tank.

Prepare for the tank crew to bail out shooting. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Erwin said:

You missed a line:

"Fast engineer team to within two Action Spots (16 meters) of the flank or rear of the tank.

Stay Alive!

On their own the team will throw the demo charges at the tank."

:D Yes, Stay alive.  After the tank crew bails and draw their pistols (some also have an SMG I think) it will be like the OK Corral.............

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 6:28 PM, Heinrich505 said:

rocketman,

The show COMBAT! was a black and white TV series, following the exploits of an American squad, led by a grim and seasoned veteran sergeant.  It starred Vic Morrow as the sergeant and Rick Jason as the Lieutenant.  Each of these actors also had a hand in directing some of the episodes.  When color TV came out, they then started filming the show in color.  I am surely dating myself now by referring to black and white TV, haha.

You can see the episodes on YouTube - I think most of them have been posted there.  The show was well done and there were always guest actors, like James Caan, James Coburn, and other big names that appeared. 

One of their better episodes was a two-part show where Sgt. Saunders and his men are ordered to take a hill that is critical to their company's advance.  It was entitled "Hills are for Heroes."  Your screenshot reminded me a bit of that episode.  Someone recreated the episode with a CMBO or CMAK scenario years ago.  It was a hoot to play. 

The series was well received and lasted for many years with a cult following.  The equipment wasn't always correct, but Hollywood figured no one would notice.  Sometimes the German soldiers appeared with WWI version stahlhelms and water-cooled US machine guns.  The story lines were always pretty good though. 

Another of my favorite episodes was Sgt. Saunder's patrol going up against a veteran German sergeant and his patrol.  The veteran German sergeant was played by James Caan.  Caan showed the same concern for his men that Vic Morrow was showing for the US squad.  Nicely done.

Worth a look if you happen to be surfing YouTube for entertainment.

Heinrich505   

Man, oh man!  I loved that series!!!  I would play "Combat!" endlessly with the kids next door.