Where is everyone from?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike D:

how long have you lived in Highlands Ranch? I grew up near there in Littleton and still visit my folks there a few times a year.

dave

Dave,

Bought my house here on the "Ranch" exactly 3 years ago this Thur. I've lived in Denver area though 3 different times during my life so far and bloody well plan on staying here this time around. Spent most of Junior High and High School years actually living in Littleton as well. Went to Euclid and then Powell Junior High's and then Arapahoe for High School. My folks old place was just west of Arapahoe High School about 3/4 of a mile or so. Other locations I've lived include Rockford, IL, a little town in S.E. Kansas called Iola, Rochester, MI (just north of Detroit), and Seattle, WA.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Real name is Dave Calyn, Just loved the comic book war hero.

I reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada before that Virginia Beach, VA, and before that back to Canada in a little town called Chatham.

Man, the net is awsome isn't it!

I just get chills everytime I come on to find that I've been dicussing German weapons with someone who lives in Germany (where it all went down!) I love it!

I just love it, Welcome Everybody..We gotta all get together sometime (pipe dream)

hehehe

Oh, by the way vying for most beautiful city in Canada if Vancover didn't have the mountains, Toronto would be up there.

Always enjoy the Chat guys!

D.Calyn

AKA

SGTRock

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Fredericksburg, Texas. My folks retired here in 66 and I made it in 94. Otherwise from near Houston, a place now known as Baytown. The originally unincorporated community where I lived was Cedar Bayou, about 10 miles from where Sam Houston had a summer bay home.

Fredericksburg was settled by German immigrants. The language is still spoken here and the accent is often heard. During the War Between the States (or as some would have it, the War of Northern Agression) a bunch of the local boys and others from surrounding communities gave up on a Federal invasion and headed for Mexico to join the Union. They were were intercepted by a Confederate force and gave a good account of themselves in a battle that lasted several hours before being overwhelmed.

Not everything happened east of the Mississippi. There is a local monument inscribed in German which translates, "True to the Union." Not something to be expected in what was then Commanche country as well as deep Southern Confederacy.

These guys made a treaty with the Commanches and it is now celebrated with an Indian Pow Wow and local festivities as the only treaty in the US between Europeans and Indians that was kept by both sides. However, there were also the Lipan Apaches around who were left out and felt the need of an occasional scalp.

Sydney, Australia - where it's too bloody hot in the summer, but we do have the best harbour in the world. smile.gif

Rex,

I attended OSU for a year. I once rode my bicycle from town (Dairy Queen, I think) to the OSU library with no hands! I nearly lost it on the final hill to the library. Corvallis is a nice town.

Marko;

New Zealand

Auckland City

Where the air is clean and the land green,shared with 3.6mil souls about the size of californa Approx

Also inhabited by 50 odd mil sheep surrounded by ocean where in another few months our humble nation will be battling for the america's cup .Just one day we may also become a world power :)

Hi there !! I'm from Liège in Belgium ( you know...Battle of the Bulge ...as on your PC in some months with CM !! :)

To make some people jealous (he he :), I was, 1 week ago, to have a look at the Tiger II wich still lays in La Gleize ( 40Km from my house )It's very impressive...it has received 8 rounds (seems 75mm) in the front and it has just suffered some scratchs !!

I reside in Billings, MT, USA.

The state is a little bigger than Finland, Germany, or Japan in area. But it has a population density less than that of Australia.

A land of immense natural beauty and limited economic opportunity.

Jason

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 09-28-99).]