H2H or AI - the popular choice?

Whilst building the Carentan scenario i can honestly say ive had a damn site more fun building the map than i have adding the AI and testing the routines over and over again - considering i have a host of maps/scenarios i want to build - is the popular choice to pick HTH and let you guys PBEM it out or do the masses prefer single player and an AI and ill stop complaining

Hi,

I have no idea what the masses want... ;).

I play HTH, live over the internet, 2 or 2 ½ hours per game. So it’s live, but with no time pressure. Shows CMBN at its best in my view :).

All the best,

Kip.

PS. I used to think live, internet play RT was impossible. But starting with tiny games, and very long games with no time pressure we soon built up to larger games without and difficulty. You would be surprised how easy it is.

I would firmly be in the "vs AI" camp.

I like the larger more complex scenarios (that one could play easily H2H in CM1). But, since even tiny CMBN scenarios take a much longer time to play due to the detailed requirements of the CM2 system, "vs AI" scenarios are now the only ones I play.

I play both, but prefer HTH. There is just no way at present for the AI to react well if you can get in on it's flank whereas a human player would be able to react as the situation develops. That being said, for the HTH players all you really need do is release the scenario before you build the AI plans. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to tweak it for us, we can already edit it with agreed upon changes if we want. The AI portion though is all yours.

Hi,

From George MC

Although there is a very strong and vocal H2H lobby BFC have stated the majority of players play against the AI

From sburke

For the HTH players all you really need do is release the scenario before you build the AI plans. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to tweak it for us, we can already edit it with agreed upon changes if we want.

I agree with both George and sburke. Most CM players are no doubt “casual...” players and do just play v AI. When it comes to the way I and my chums play, normally HTH, we do indeed just tweak in the editor to choice anyway.

Looking forward to the release... Hoping you will just release the map, we can very quickly add forces to taste... ;).

Great project... :).

Congratulations... !

All the best,

Kip.

I love a good AI battle, but actively despise the work involved creating them.

There are a few tricks I have taught myself and learned from research to make constructing plans easier, but it is a matter of degree. The things are still a cast-iron biotch to create.

As stated above, releasing a battle as HTH first while working on the AI is a great way to get your work out there.

Slap the troops on the map and gimme! :D