SFX v1.0b

stephsen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed Vein's weapons sounds and Mike's vehicle sounds from Z directory ...

Installed this mod in Z directory with thanks, in order to do some testing ... :)

Had some oddness....

Tank would fire, then sound was 3 seconds later... Replayed the same shot and there was no sound this time... :confused:

Couldn't hear any vehicle sounds either....

Un-installed this mod and everything returned to normal, so I put Vein's weapons sounds and Mike's vehicle sounds back, which also worked fine as they always had...

Anyone else have any conflicts with other mods and experienced similar issues?

Thanks for any feedback... :)

Regards,

Doug

Was there a massive amount of firing going on at the moment you tried it? Some times when there is an extensive amount of firing and other sounds being played I'll get anomalies...stutters, dropped sounds etc.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is the bit rates and the like are off...but they shouldn't be. Check to see if they are pcm, 16 bit, mono, 44,000 khz.

Mord.

Hey Guys,

I'm getting back;) i haven´t the commonwealth module but i work slowly on the new Sounds and reworked the other Sounds, is quite difficult to improve the existing:D but possible.

The new version goes by the name SFXco.1.0 So keep the eyes open;)

thats it news will follow

Cheers

Was there a massive amount of firing going on at the moment you tried it? Some times when there is an extensive amount of firing and other sounds being played I'll get anomalies...stutters, dropped sounds etc.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is the bit rates and the like are off...but they shouldn't be. Check to see if they are pcm, 16 bit, mono, 44,000 khz.

Mord.

No massive amount of firing ...

I'm on a MacBook Pro and I've had no other problems with other sound mods or PCM settings ...

Don't worry about it.... I'll just stay with other mods which work fine ... Thanks for the feedback .. :)

Regards,

Doug

Hey Guys,

I'm getting back;) i haven´t the commonwealth module but i work slowly on the new Sounds and reworked the other Sounds, is quite difficult to improve the existing:D but possible.

The new version goes by the name SFXco.1.0 So keep the eyes open;)

thats it news will follow

Cheers

That's great cheers. You really need to invest in the CW module though!