SFX v1.0b

stephsen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

There is problem with mac version. I tried with other sound mod, (Oddballs soundmod which has the same folderstructure and it works.)

Oddball, you made the mac version from your soundmod, how it differs from the pc version? This is really odd, I have used SG_CMBN soundmod (which is released before the actual full game was out) and it works also without any problems. I have also edited it myself, with no errors.

So, what is wrong with Mac CMBN+SFX soundmod? Any clues? Also, it would be happy to hear does other mac players have the same issue?

I have to try modify the files and compile own soundmod soup tomorrow and look if the SFX sounds then work, but I cannot assure that they work and would be happy to play with full SFX sounds, beacuse they sound, even played through player, MARVELOUS.

Cheers,

Ruutana

:)

Are you going to release that for public consumption?

LOL well, it's just pieces of every single sound mod...and sound like textures, are pretty subjective...what I find appealing someone else might not care for...still gotta wade through all gunfire though, to get the blend I want. It's lots of testing and retesting looking for that aural bliss. And I really couldn't put it up as a mod cause it's like Vein, AKD, Staggler, Oddball and Stephsen's work all rolled into one.

Basically just find what sounds appeal to you and number them accordingly in your folder. Use Stephen's as the base and add from there...or vice versa.

Mord.

in nearly future i will reworked the footstep sounds, house collapse and the biggest job the german voices and that what you do not like ;)

Stephsen, do you plan on recording the German voices yourself? Doing some acting? If so, I'd love to work with you on this. I have done a lot of voice mods and could help in the directing department.

EDITED: Oh and help with the editing of the files...there are A LOT of files!

Mord.

Sheesh.... Everyone wants to direct...

Well, after my fifth consecutive Tube Guy award I figured it was time to go behind the scenes...let some of these younger guys share in the glory.

"What's my motivation....?"

LOL...Death...carnage...fear...dismemberment...

Mord.

Hi Fans :)

im very proud of this positiv comments and yeah in my opinion sound is the half rent for a game i dont know but my motivation is i ve got the ultimate sound ,

maybe that's too morbid:D

but nevertheless version 1.e inserted into the starting blocks and i think i will it release tomorrow.

i would open a new thread because i cant edit my first post for the new version ...what should I do ?

best regards

Can I confirm, is the current version c? I've seen a reference to a d and e also but can't see a link, albeit the comment about e was a quary on what it changed.

I downloaded from the front page link initiually but sounds were very echoey on my system, almost as if they were being played in a big yoghurt carton. I may need to tweak the sound settings or it may be that newer versions fixes the issue?? No time to try c out just yet.