December Normandy Bones

If the Ost battalions are not present in the base game, BFC will have lost all credibility as a purveyor of historically accurate games.

;)

Michael

Yes that's why they have spent the last 12 Betas getting the soup can positioning on the belt correct and employed a Botantist to ensure that all the wild flowers are correct for 1940's NW Europe and of course no GM crops in the fields.

I believe we are now finally moving on to the really important stuff like do the various tracked vehicles leave the correct marks on a dirt road. :)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th SS Mtn Div showed up near Colmar in Jan 1945. There may have been a Heer Mtn Div too, at about the same time.

Interstingly, though, there are some photos of German POWs wearing the peaked 'baseball cap' with the edelweiss insignia on the side. The explanations I've seen for that were that those guys were individual replacements (like the Korean guy captured there - there wasn't an entire bn of Koreans) or that they were from 2nd Pz Div.

6th SS Mountain Division "Nord" took part in Operation Nordwind (January 1945). IMO a more interesting battle than the Bulge. This Division (or remnants of it) then fought in the Germany battles in the closing stages of the war.

Steve, I also don't think there were any significant Gebirgsjäger units in Normandy. FJ now... that's another story. ;)

Why not just attach them?

Often that's better than having them in the body of the text as if they are too big it can mess up the formatting.

If you aren't sure how hit the "go advanced" button when you are typing text and another button "manage attachments" should be available to you.

As an old gamer and one of the very early owners of the CM series when it was first released back in 2000 I am celebrating the return of this fantastic series to the Mac by pre-ordering two copies of the game as soon as I can. I intend to give one OSX copy away in some fashion to another member of the forums (details to follow). Can not wait for this title to land. Bravo to all the BF gents for making this happen (slowly, sure, but happen none-the-less.)

Does the word 'asymptote' mean anything to you?

:D

Michael

Yes, but my doctor said not to worry about it. Even when the rash develops on the surrounding skin. He simply recommended hydrocortisone cream.

P.S. Maybe I'll finish off the CM "Combat Ranger" chat client I was coding back in 2000, eh Steve?

Can someone PM me their email addy so I can send over some 'Red Orchestra' Pics for you to post here.

Thanks,

Joe

Upload them using this site:

http://imageshack.us/

Easy to use. Click on browse, find the image you want on your machine and upload it.

Please do use the re-size option if they are large. 640x480 or 800x600 is sufficiently large in most cases.

6th SS Mountain Division "Nord" took part in Operation Nordwind (January 1945). IMO a more interesting battle than the Bulge. This Division (or remnants of it) then fought in the Germany battles in the closing stages of the war.

Steve, I also don't think there were any significant Gebirgsjäger units in Normandy. FJ now... that's another story. ;)

The 6th SS Mountain Division saw plenty of action in Finland until 1944. It later showed up in Operation Nordwind, where its two Regiments, the 11th and 12th, saw extensive action at Wingen-sur-Moder, France and Reipertswiller. Once Nordwind was called off, the remnants of the division fell back into Germany, eventually wiped out by the 71st Infantry Division.

For an excellent account of the division's final days I recommend the book, "In Final Defense of the Reich" by Stephen M. Rusiecki.

cats & dogs?

What about Hundminen!!! Or is that waiting for the Eastern Front...

*sigh* demoted to junior member... that's what happens when you aren't around for a while, and rebuild your machine twice in the interim... all memories of logins and passwords are lost, so we begin again.

Ahh, those old CM:BO Alpha AARs... yep, those were the good ol' days.