Bug reporting?

Yes. If  you post something that clearly sounds like a bug in the title, beta testers will key in on it. If you can add a saved game file that reproduces it that's ideal. That's not always possible, I know. Or some good screenshots. If it's something like TO&E that's incorrect, just a detailed description is probably enough.

The beta testers do have an application to submit and track bugs. So fire away if you've got something.

It's a shame there isn't more transparency. Having a read-only sub-forum would help avoid redundant posts/effort elsewhere. Case in point, the SF2 Canadian Sniper load out post recently which was already reported by others when SF2 was released a few months back.

But, it is what it is.

Would it help though? That would require reading 🙂 Not trying for snark just facing the reality that people don't check through forums before posting. We just don't.

Regarding snipers: I do remember a problem with sniper ammo - wrong label for the caliber but I so not recall an earlier report of rifle choice being a problem. And I have read every thing on the forum. I still cannot be sure what was posted before and what was not. :)

Just take a look at a game like Matrix's CMNAO if as an example of a bug thread gone wrong.  Yes some bugs show up there, but I bet over half are from people who've played the game for an hour declaring "bug" every time the encounter something they don't know.  It has the devs chasing their tails.

10 hours ago, Bufo said:

The real question is:

Should I spend my time on reporting bugs? Or is it just wasting? Would anybody check it? 

I would say post away and make sure to put "possible bug" in your post title. Whenever I see a post about a possible bug I always check my games to see if I find the same thing. Sometimes it turns out they are actually bugs, other times the player is just experiencing things differently than the developers intended. 

22 hours ago, Bufo said:

Should I spend my time on reporting bugs? Or is it just wasting? Would anybody check it? 

First, determine if it is a bug, usually by asking the forum, "Is this normal?"
Second, make a video or screenshots showing what it is.
Third, attach a save game demonstrating the bug.
Fourth, someone important will take notice of it, eventually.

12 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

First, determine if it is a bug, usually by asking the forum, "Is this normal?"
Second, make a video or screenshots showing what it is.
Third, attach a save game demonstrating the bug.
Fourth, someone important will take notice of it, eventually.

Fifth, PROFIT

This step is more difficult to gauge. I assume issues (aka BUGS/Enhancements/etc.) are triaged and somewhere a gnome is at work 24/7 doing "stuff". Every once in a while; an Elf will drop by and release said "stuff" to schmucks like me to ruin by nick-pick and general lack of appreciation for the effort - by blood, sweat, and tears that went into the making of "stuff".

Case in point, elevation differences impact path finding causing reports of faulty entry when breaching walls/buildings/bocages/etc.. The workaround mitigating this, to a large extent, is too revise maps using the provided tool (aka Scenario Editor). Hardly worth the time of the gnome. I get that. DISCLAIMER: For illustration - a lot of WAG (Wild Ass Guess) as I really don't know the details... which could be the point of this post. Dunno.

I'm not someone important (just a schmuck) and therefore don't know: 1) the workaround;  2) known issue - not on gnome's to-do list; or 3) gnome is working on it.

Another class of case(s) involving TOE and/or Textures - whereby a few are reported over the titles and years; don't know: 1) if already reported;  and 2) don't know if anyone cares enough to correct at this time.

Finally, the 'problematic'  evasion reported extensively which seems to be particular to CMBN. Is it supposed to be the new normal and not an issue to begin with? Save games provided - still have no idea if, or how, it will be addressed. At least, when it was reported for CMSF2 - we were told not to expect a corrective patch. This is good as now schmucks like me know that CMSF2 will on rare occasions do something silly. All fodder for a good war story and the reason we love these games (no snark).

FWIW, I'm leery of tagging anything as a BUG. There have been more than a few issues that initially seemed off to me but, thanks to contributions from posters such as yourself and others, were either: 1) known - workaround exists ; 2) not a game breaker - no workaround;  3) learn to play; or 4) thanks - logged.

I read the response from @ASL Veteran and now have a better idea as to how to proceed henceforth. You guys appreciate the visual cue - cool (no snark).

I read the response from @IanL and accept that making issues more accessible is not an efficient use of resources at this time.

Please understand that it is tedious to troll forum posts for issues that may have been known as far back as 2012 before posting what we think is novel or new.

Just looking for a better way but accept 'it is what it is'.