Jump to content
Deriuse

game crashes after some time playing

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was having issues after updating Geforce drivers on my 6-year-old i7 gaming laptop.  I then remembered that previously I had used NVIDIA Inspector (Nvidia Profile Inspector) to set the vsync to 1/2 refresh rate.  I applied the profile to all my CMx2 games, all is well again, not crashing.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is anyone having this issue on Windows 7? I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is anyone having this issue on Windows 7? I'm not, at least not in CMSF1 Marines.

Sorry, I apologize for the double post.

Edited by Vet 0369
Double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Windows 7 and I have had it. Two recently in Red Thunder, one without any mods loaded. Mostly after leaving it sitting around for a while.

Geforce 1060 with 398.36 drivers (old i7 CPU)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i began getting random BSOD a few weeks ago after updating Steam IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad with the two new Flying Circus airplanes. I never had a BSOD until that point. I didn't need to be using any particular program, and the time could be any where from1 hour in, to almost immediately. I used F8 on startup to select "don't check driver signatures" or something, and stopped all applications running in the background that were'nt necessary such as Process Lasso, FRAPS, Steam, Discord, and etc. the BSoDs seemed to have stopped. 

Using Windows Is what makes me love MacOS so much!

Edited by Vet 0369

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I play for 55 minutes the game crashes. all the time 55 minutes.

 

Faulting application name: CM Red Thunder.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5851ce03
Faulting module name: nvoglv32.dll, version: 24.21.13.9882, time stamp: 0x5b5f4df9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00659ed4
Faulting process id: 0x970
Faulting application start time: 0x01d43465db810487
Faulting application path: G:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvoglv32.dll
Report Id: e333488e-d42b-47b7-b01a-2710ebb1cc5b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

 

CM Red Thunder.exe
      0.0.0.0
      5851ce03
      nvoglv32.dll
      24.21.13.9882
      5b5f4df9
      c0000005
      00659ed4
      970
      01d43465db810487
      G:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvoglv32.dll
     

e333488e-d42b-47b7-b01a-2710ebb1cc5b

 

So looks like NVIDIA's new drivers for OpenGL does not support the game any longer?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Everytime I play for 55 minutes the game crashes. all the time 55 minutes.

 

Faulting application name: CM Red Thunder.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5851ce03
Faulting module name: nvoglv32.dll, version: 24.21.13.9882, time stamp: 0x5b5f4df9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00659ed4
Faulting process id: 0x970
Faulting application start time: 0x01d43465db810487
Faulting application path: G:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvoglv32.dll
Report Id: e333488e-d42b-47b7-b01a-2710ebb1cc5b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

 

CM Red Thunder.exe
      0.0.0.0
      5851ce03
      nvoglv32.dll
      24.21.13.9882
      5b5f4df9
      c0000005
      00659ed4
      970
      01d43465db810487
      G:\Battlefront\Combat Mission Red Thunder\CM Red Thunder.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_52ac7eb8f32780d5\nvoglv32.dll
     

e333488e-d42b-47b7-b01a-2710ebb1cc5b

 

So looks like NVIDIA's new drivers for OpenGL does not support the game any longer?

 

 

I am on nvidia and mine doesn’t do that. Weird that it is always 55 minutes, that sounds like something else is going on, but I am no computer whiz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:
     

So looks like NVIDIA's new drivers for OpenGL does not support the game any longer?

If nVidia had dropped OpenGL support the game would not even run. Sounds more like a driver bug. Have you reported it to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've experienced crashes to desktop with CMFI, CMRT, and CMFB since February.  (I always update my nVidia drivers whenever a new version is available so I have thus used multiple drivers since that time and none have fixed the issue).

It's not severe -- I play turn-based and can sometimes go 50 or more turns without experiencing it.  And though I try to save every couple of turns, the bug has an uncanny tendency to strike any time I get distracted and play 6 or 8 turns without saving).  Really makes me wish CM had an auto-save.

If there is anything at all consistent about the crashes I would say they are more frequent in longer play sessions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stolypin said:

I've experienced crashes to desktop with CMFI, CMRT, and CMFB since February.  (I always update my nVidia drivers whenever a new version is available so I have thus used multiple drivers since that time and none have fixed the issue).

It's not severe -- I play turn-based and can sometimes go 50 or more turns without experiencing it.  And though I try to save every couple of turns, the bug has an uncanny tendency to strike any time I get distracted and play 6 or 8 turns without saving).  Really makes me wish CM had an auto-save.

If there is anything at all consistent about the crashes I would say they are more frequent in longer play sessions.  

Does the size of the scenario affect the crash rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sburke said:

Does the size of the scenario affect the crash rate?

No.  Very small battles just as likely to crash as larger ones.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stolypin said:

No.  Very small battles just as likely to crash as larger ones.  

now that is weird as they have significantly different demands on your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear I was able to fix this issue by changing Nvidia Control Panel settings. Not 100% sure what setting exactly fixed it, but I sure had these crashes before and not yet after.
See my post on page 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME!
Both Final Blitzkrieg and Normandy kept crashing after 20 to 40 min play. By coincidence i discovered that my powersettings in Win 10 was set to balanced, even though i remember that ive put it to high performance. Go to win 10 menu, power options and additional powersettings. Click HIGH PERFORMANCE, save and start game as administrator, No crash for 4 hours now!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zergman said:

A SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME!
Both Final Blitzkrieg and Normandy kept crashing after 20 to 40 min play. By coincidence i discovered that my powersettings in Win 10 was set to balanced, even though i remember that ive put it to high performance. Go to win 10 menu, power options and additional powersettings. Click HIGH PERFORMANCE, save and start game as administrator, No crash for 4 hours now!! :D

Did not work for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zergman said:

Nope. Did get a crash again last night. DAmnit. But it worked for 48 hours! 😕

 

I don’t think that necessarily invalidates what you found in the other issue.  It could be a totally unrelated item. I can make CM crash by launching into 3D view in the editor for a very large map repeatedly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now I also join the club of people who get these crashes. I'm also using an Nvidia card on a windows 10 machine. Newest drivers.

The game will crash after about 20-30 minutes of play.

I also made a test where I just let the game sit inactive for some time, and it crashed without me doing anything, but I don't know exactly how long it took.

When it crashes, it just freezes for a couple of seconds, then I'm back at the desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Ok, now I also join the club of people who get these crashes. I'm also using an Nvidia card on a windows 10 machine. Newest drivers.

The game will crash after about 20-30 minutes of play.

I also made a test where I just let the game sit inactive for some time, and it crashed without me doing anything, but I don't know exactly how long it took.

When it crashes, it just freezes for a couple of seconds, then I'm back at the desktop.

There has been some bugs associated with sound and Nvidia cards. Try disabling sound in game (ALT-S, I believe) and see if it crashes again. Another one made small changes in the Nvidia Control Panel (can't check which now) and that helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rocketman said:

There has been some bugs associated with sound and Nvidia cards. Try disabling sound in game (ALT-S, I believe) and see if it crashes again. Another one made small changes in the Nvidia Control Panel (can't check which now) and that helped.

Thanks, will try to see if the sound helps. Would be a bit boring to play without sound though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks, will try to see if the sound helps. Would be a bit boring to play without sound though.

Yes, but then there might be solutions. For me was it to put the game on an external drive. There might also be a sound management program that can be disabled which causes the crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rocketman said:

There has been some bugs associated with sound and Nvidia cards. Try disabling sound in game (ALT-S, I believe) and see if it crashes again. Another one made small changes in the Nvidia Control Panel (can't check which now) and that helped.

Today I toggled off the sound and played for about 3 hours. Then it crashed again. Seems I could play for longer with the sound off, but it could also just be a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Bulletpoint said:

Ok, now I also join the club of people who get these crashes. I'm also using an Nvidia card on a windows 10 machine. Newest drivers.

The game will crash after about 20-30 minutes of play.

I also made a test where I just let the game sit inactive for some time, and it crashed without me doing anything, but I don't know exactly how long it took.

When it crashes, it just freezes for a couple of seconds, then I'm back at the desktop.

Hi,

Have you tried making the changes that LethaFace suggested on page 2 of this forum? I followed his Nvidia settings changes and all of my crashing problems that were identical to yours have vanished. Haven't had a crash in over a week, leaving some games running for a day or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×