Best way to clear upstairs of building.

I recently played a battle with infantry only and i came across a problem. the stubborn German defenders hid in the upstairs of the buildings that have no windows.such as the picture below. So my question is whats the best way to clear one of these buildings taking the least amount of casualties. Keep in mind i was playing on infantry only so i had no Armour support and my mortars had run dry, i as well was using a engineer battalion so i could breach the walls. Any tips and tricks would be awesome.V8iXJlC.png

17 hours ago, Mark_McLeod said:

I recently played a battle with infantry only and i came across a problem. the stubborn German defenders hid in the upstairs of the buildings that have no windows.such as the picture below. So my question is whats the best way to clear one of these buildings taking the least amount of casualties. Keep in mind i was playing on infantry only so i had no Armour support and my mortars had run dry, i as well was using a engineer battalion so i could breach the walls. Any tips and tricks would be awesome.

What @Cobetco said unless the building is on the objective and you have to clear it for VPs.  From the screenshot I think you are talking about the building that is just outside of the objective.  However if it is the building on the objective I would try the following:  

The building should have at least one door.  I would set up several teams (MMGs would be great) on the door side and area Target into the ground floor.  Vertical suppression will suppress up to the third floor of a building.  

Use this vertical suppression for two or three minutes and then switch to area Target Light.

Breach one of the solid walls.  Troops on the second floor are generally suppressed by a Blast on the first floor and often pinned.  (Unless a very large building or something)

Time the Blast (Regular engineers take 15 seconds to Blast) so you enter the breach with an assault team (a team with SMGs not the engineer team if possible) immediately after the Blast with support teams shooting on Target Light.      

Before entering the breach order the assault team to area Target the second floor.  If possible use a second assault team with no area Target orders.  

Push the red button and start the slaughter :D.   (Hopefully the OpFor is the one that gets slaughtered)   

That's awesome advice. I'll only add two things you should really stop the suppressive fire into the first floor before the assault teams go in otherwise they will be subject to suppression from you own teams.

I would also area fire at the second floor with LMGs and up even though there are no windows. Take that with a grain of salt I have never actually tested that but I have done it a lot. :)

Advice depends on the physical size of the building too. The smaller the building the more porous it is to gunfire. The larger the building the more immune. Don't go plinking at the buildings with carbines and smgs because they probably aren't getting into the interior. A small barn structure you might be able to panic the troops and get them to flee if they're under sustained penetrating fire. A big building like that its less likely to happen.

Ya It was in the objective zone so i had to breach it. I managed to clear it but it was such a waste of manpower was doing so well probably had only taken a couple of causalities until i had gotten there but clearing it was costly . Thanks for the tips @MOS:96B2P i appreciate it. Also how do i get a smg team? whenever i buy a team they only have like 1-2 smg's is there a way to get a team with the majority of smgs? any help would be awesome

1 hour ago, Mark_McLeod said:

Ya It was in the objective zone so i had to breach it. I managed to clear it but it was such a waste of manpower was doing so well probably had only taken a couple of causalities until i had gotten there but clearing it was costly . Thanks for the tips @MOS:96B2P i appreciate it. Also how do i get a smg team? whenever i buy a team they only have like 1-2 smg's is there a way to get a team with the majority of smgs? any help would be awesome

If you split your Squad into an 'Assault Team', then generally the SMG's will be in that Team, and LMG's and more of the Rifles will go into the Support Team...Squads generally only have 1-2 SMG's anyways, unless some Para's or SMG Squads.

Oh, and if you wait for the CMFI V4.0 Upgrade, then those stubborn German defenders will only need a turn of Small Arms fire before they start running out the building :-)

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

also cant you add you men and make your own squads in V4.0 so then i can just take the assault squads from like 4 groups then group them to one? and in V4.0 do soldiers cower alot more? because even tho it was a pain in the ass it felt realistic.

15 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

before they start running out

I just created a variety of interesting buildings on stilts while trying to 'Blast' them down.....I wonder if a 'Demolish' command should be a thought for a future update (perhaps requiring two satchel charges or more)?

This idea could work well with some sort of destructible road-block and it might have possibilities for clearing minefields and taking out bunkers too.

Just a thought

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

8 hours ago, Mark_McLeod said:

also cant you add you men and make your own squads in V4.0 so then i can just take the assault squads from like 4 groups then group them to one? and in V4.0 do soldiers cower alot more? because even tho it was a pain in the ass it felt realistic.

No...There is a 'Combine Squad' Command (not a Combine Platoon Command) that simply allows you to combine 2-3 Teams (especially if several Teams are depleted) from same Squad to essentially form one big Team...This allows your Squad as a Whole to move in a tighter formation, instead of spread apart (as you would with 2-3 Teams operating independently in different Action Spots).

Actually, I'm not sure if Squads 'Cower' alot more in V4 (maybe they do), but Fall-Back alot more in Mid-Turn (Tac AI tries to fall back out of sight of enemy, and into cover).

Edited by JoMc67

11 hours ago, Mark_McLeod said:

<Snip> Also how do i get a smg team? whenever i buy a team they only have like 1-2 smg's is there a way to get a team with the majority of smgs? any help would be awesome   

As @JoMc67 said I was just talking about the Assault Team split under administrative commands.  If you make that your first split they will take most of the hand grenades and any SMGs the squad has.  If you are playing a Quick Battle where you purchase your own TOE a scout team generally (maybe always?) gives you three troops with SMGs.  

20 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The scenario is done.....I thought you were playing it? 

I have a slightly updated version, if you want that one instead, PM me.

Huh?  I thought you said you were updating it after I gave you my invaluable (I am sure) "sniper" comments.  Sure, please send latest version along or provide link.  Thanks...

PS:  How come you're still a "Junior Member" while Mark with only 59 posts is already a "Member"?   I think you are being dissed, mate.

Edited by Erwin