Bulge Buildings?

I was recently doing some scenario editing and I pondered the thought of the possibility of new tiles for the latest and I believe the last title with the Normandy Series.

Would the building be more like that of Holland for the Luxemburg area and Belgium, and would there be a different tile set for Germany-Austria?  I cant remember if someone had said depending on the date there would be snow, and at other times there would not be.

Anyways a hint would be cool, I know everyone is anxiously waiting.

J.

Hey J.

Note: The Bulge is a separate family not a module to CMBN. 

EDIT: Unless I misunderstood your post. No coffee yet...yawwwwn..  :D

Thanks... yes I know this already, however since there is no place to post for it... Normandy forum seemed like the next best place.... until they get one... there are already screen shots of some of the vehicles posted in the Normandy section.  No worries.. was just asking if someone knew about some of the tiles that's all.

...and then the roof images and many flavor objects have a [snow] tagged version that is activated by your choice of ground condition. 

The date is not a factor as below for CMFI GL you have the summer July 43 Operation Husky and due to global warming in an alternate universe the invasion was conducted in snow!

Op%20Husky_zpstxrplr4e.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

We have had quite a few Bulge threads and many end up locked up by the fuzz....so everybody chill!

I think/hope/pray that winter garments 3D skeleton mdr files and BMP art images are getting the man-hours budgeted and allocated as it can/will splinter off to all the game families ONCE WRITTEN and the labor cost recouped or whatever the best word is.... The Bulge and the next CMRT module for winter 44/45 on Ost Front can then have those same gloves, mittens, hoods, etc. 

so.. are the germans uniforms going to look like this?The Bulge gametumblr_n9qnnrfUee1r3eyedo1_500.thumb.jpg

Bulge game region tags are, if I recall correctly, [holland], Ardennes (default), [france] and [germany]. France and Ardennes are both French speaking, though much of the signage differs. 'Holland' region should really be named 'Flemish' since it's meant to include Dutch-speaking Belgium west of the Meuse. Things get iffy farther east. Luxembourg? Alsace? Pick whichever region you think best fits. The primary regional building art is for Ardennes (default) and Germany. The tags will allow you to go crazy adding regional building mods for the others.  :)

Edited by MikeyD

Bulge game region tags are, if I recall correctly, [holland], Ardennes (default), [france] and [germany]. France and Ardennes are both French speaking, though much of the signage differs. 'Holland' region should really be named 'Flemish' since it's meant to include Dutch-speaking Belgium west of the Meuse. Things get iffy farther east. Luxembourg? Alsace? Pick whichever region you think best fits. The primary regional building art is for Ardennes (default) and Germany. The tags will allow you to go crazy adding regional building mods for the others.  :)

That´s good news, thanks! :)

Ooooh. Cool stuff happening with milestones and signs. :) The 'legacy' milestones are still random (and region specific) but new additional town line signs don't rotate.

Default non-random signs are... let me recall... Ardennes signs default to Bastogne area or Hemroulle, France to Metz or Remilly, Gemany to Aachen area or Monschau, Holland to Maastricht or Roemond. Plus there are [tagged] signs for fourteen additional specific towns that relate to the scenarios.

Thus ends my impromptu Bulge PR campaign. I'll shut up 'til the website shows up.  ;)

Ooooh. Cool stuff happening with milestones and signs. :) The 'legacy' milestones are still random (and region specific) but new additional town line signs don't rotate.

Default non-random signs are... let me recall... Ardennes signs default to Bastogne area or Hemroulle, France to Metz or Remilly, Gemany to Aachen area or Monschau, Holland to Maastricht or Roemond. Plus there are [tagged] signs for fourteen additional specific towns that relate to the scenarios.

Thus ends my impromptu Bulge PR campaign. I'll shut up 'til the website shows up.  ;)

Sounds really cool!

When you say "'til the website shows up," you mean the CMBulge forum that'll be here, I assume?

Also, anyone have any idea about when Bulge's beta DAR/AAR may show up? (For CMRT, or maybe it was CMBS, the beta DAR showed up more than 6 months prior to release, IIRC.)

Very excited about the two upcoming releases! These Combat Mission games are the most fun I've had on a PC in probably 10 years. No exaggeration. Got a buddy of mine interested in them too -- a former avid Men of War player (I could just never get into those), and now we're both lamenting all the fun we could've been having with these the last 4+ years... if only we'd known CM even existed. So, to those you right now working your butts off to get these titles out the door, all these questions have got to be a bit of a nuisance... but hopefully it's obvious that they're more a function of people's interest and appreciation rather than expectation or entitlement.

Thanks.