Awsome Game, Lets Have The Add Ons

All,

This game, like shockforce is excellent.

There are some things which may not be perfect, however, in all I think it is the best of its kind.

Well done to all who developed it.

That said, are there any rough dates for the British module, and more importantly the Eastern front modules.

The current normandy module is excellent, lots of good tactical problems, mayhem and frustration!!!!!

Russia I would guess would be next year but both are educated guesses....

Safer guess might be two to three years from now.

We still have to get through three modules of BfN, then the Bulge game and its modules before we can expect to get to Russia (and the other Soviet republics). And likely mixed in there somewhere will be the updated version of CMSF and whatever modules will be attached to it.

In other words, holding your breath is not advised.

Michael

Actually, my estimate was on the optimistic side. I didn't want to discourage anybody. A darker view could easily put it four to five years out. I doubt that BFC would opt to keep the East Front aficionados on ice that long though.

Michael

But what BFC want is a new title every 12 months with a new module every 6 months or so for each title, and lots of things happening concurrently. Reality disagrees.

I would like to think that with the engine pretty much as stable and good looking as it's going to get (considering the improvements from CMSF release to now), the focus now would just be on unit modeling, with maybe a new command or two tossed in.

I'm kinda bleh on having an entire title for Battle of the Bulge to the end of the war. I can't imagine that we would see much of anything new, besides some new versions of vehicles (compared to CMBN+modules, correct me if I'm wrong). I guess it will serve as the test run for snow, new commands, and misc. features before the epicness that will be the East front.

Oh well, I'm very happy with CMBN now, can't wait for the modules to flesh it out. Just look at how much more content CMSF+modules has compared to the base game.

History is the best judge of when we will see new modules.

So I would not get to excited for new stuff, their adv. time for new modules has almost been a year in the past. PLus only one third party Output version of the game.

I just am glad I do not have the time to play so much that I am in need of the next module yet. I still have plenty of things to do with the present.

There is a good point in here about the content that we are talking about here. Look at a base CMSF install, now look at it with Marines, Brit Forces, and NATO added on. Big difference, and I am still finding stuff in the NATO OOB that I have never seen before and I bought it a day or so after launch on a whim (got me back into CM till CMBN it did)

By the time an Ostfront game is released, I doubt I will have played every scenario and used every unit in all the previous titles combined, so I opt to wait patiently for the Commonwealth module and enjoy the goodness at hand. Battlefront and I both know that, 2012 or 2018, I am going to buy it no matter how much I talk about it between now and then!!!

But what BFC want is a new title every 12 months with a new module every 6 months or so for each title, and lots of things happening concurrently. Reality disagrees.

Around the time of CMBN release, Moon or one of the people-in-the-know at BFC (not Steve) said East Front/Bagration would be about 2 to 2 1/2 years out.