German Campaigns?

Scenario-making is very time consuming - especially if you also want to play the game every now and then. I´ve just uploaded my first scenario, which I began working on shortly after CMBN was released.

So imagine working on a campaign of say seven scenarios. Not to mention having to make all the campaign mechanics between the battles work as well. That is a lot of work.

Scenario-making is very time consuming - especially if you also want to play the game every now and then. I´ve just uploaded my first scenario, which I began working on shortly after CMBN was released.

So imagine working on a campaign of say seven scenarios. Not to mention having to make all the campaign mechanics between the battles work as well. That is a lot of work.

Well stop cruising in the Forums and get back to Work!!!!!!:D

I have a German campaign that has been done for a bit but only finished by one of my playtesters, so I'm not quite feeling confident enough to release it yet. I also have been hit by a ton of bricks in RL and am TRYING to make the needed changes to it but find myself chronically short of time. So you WILL be getting a German campaign from me, but I can't give you an ETA. If I have time, it could be done by tomorrow, or if not, it could be out in a month or two. :(

(I know, I should get off the forums and do what needs to be done to release it! ;))

Good luck Blücher! :)

I was just surprised that the CM:BN community seems quite US centric, especially coming from a more German centric community like CM:BB. :D

I also was quite disappointed with the German campaign included in CM:BN, the extremely short time-limits, while maybe accurate for an all-out desperate offensive, really bummed the fun I had with it (in addition to the terrain and the difficulty of the missions).

I have a German campaign that has been done for a bit but only finished by one of my playtesters, so I'm not quite feeling confident enough to release it yet. I also have been hit by a ton of bricks in RL and am TRYING to make the needed changes to it but find myself chronically short of time. So you WILL be getting a German campaign from me, but I can't give you an ETA. If I have time, it could be done by tomorrow, or if not, it could be out in a month or two. :(

(I know, I should get off the forums and do what needs to be done to release it! ;))

Get off the forums and do what needs to be done to release it!

-sigh-

I offered to play it for you FM Blucher. so why doncha send it over huh?

Ive played every CMBN campaign and the German one and Road to Montebourg twice. Ill burn thru that German campaign of yours in a day or two =) Devils Descent took me an afternoon...

Also take into consideration, Normandy is a difficult place to extract a good Campaign from. Since as far as im aware of few offensives happened. Im sure that once the comonwealth and Market Garden comes the door will be open to potray many more German operations

Not necessarily Boche. I agree that the modules will add a lot to German campaign possibilities, especially because the lions share of armor was facing the Commonwealth and Brits at the outset of Normandy. But OTOH anything company sized or a little bigger or smaller is really unlikely to affect a front. Though the Germans were largely on the defense at this time in the war, thats on the operational/strategic level. Tactically, there were all sorts of attacks/counterattacks/etc. Anything can really happen on a company level that wont affect a whole front. I think something like the Devils Descent with a few platoons of PzGrenadiers and a Pz IV or two would be awesome!

The ability to put in AI plans opens a lot of possibilities as well. With imagination a lot of ideas could come out for a scenario. For example if you look at the end to the Road to Montebourg campaign, Paper Tiger has a few battles where you seize an objective and hold it against a counterattack. I think these are awesome for AI play because the counterattack can come from a lot of avenues and the human player has to take an objective and defend it first, not the same as positioning troops to defend from the outset. Its harder. ALSO the trick I believe LemuelG came up with, by putting down foxholes or trenches and placing bocage over the fortifications, it makes much more realistic bocage defense lines like you'd hear about the Wehrmacht using. This could also be applied the other way on US troops to make for a more sturdy AI defense.

-sigh-

I offered to play it for you FM Blucher. so why doncha send it over huh?

Ive played every CMBN campaign and the German one and Road to Montebourg twice. Ill burn thru that German campaign of yours in a day or two =) Devils Descent took me an afternoon...

I'll send it over once I've made the changes the first playtester recommended. I'll try to finish those up over the next few days, and hopefully that'll be the final version. :)

I'll send it over once I've made the changes the first playtester recommended. I'll try to finish those up over the next few days, and hopefully that'll be the final version. :)

Fantastic! Once I heard you mention this campaign with the 116th PD (if I remember correctly) around the time you released Devils Descent and were getting your initial reactions to it. I definitely prefer playing campaigns and I've always had a soft spot for playing the German side all the way back to Aces of the Deep, Aces Over Europe, Panzer General, Close Combat 1-3(after that it sucked. hard) and of course with the Combat Mission series. I play the Allies a lot but I have to confess CMBN is the first WW2 game where Ive played as the Americans quite a bit more than as the Germans - at least initially. I've really come to appreciate a lot of the US weapons - 60mm mortars, .50 cal MGs, Shermans (!) etc etc.

But I miss playing the Germans. and Im tired of playing the one German campaign I have. So please. Send me the German campaign. ;)