Suggestion for some "eye-catching" units in CMBN

I would like to suggest to add some "eye catching" units to the game when publishing the next modules. Of course the graphics is already fantastic and I really enjoy the detailed models - no question - but I think a few little "goodies" would enhance the fun, while viewing the CM:BN battles.

Here are my suggestions - maybe you like them too :-))

1.) It would be great if in a German HQ-team (e.g. Battalion Commander) there would be a commander with a leather longcoat. And if this team is activated and you click on the "deploy weapon"-button they are setting up a folding table with a map on it or they are installing a rabbit-ear telescope (scissor scope).

2.) The German Kubelwagen is a very small car. It would be great if the player could also choose the SdKfz 15 "Horch" from the car pool in order to carry a group of men and anti-tank guns.

3.) It would be fine if you could add a motorcycle with sidecar to the German car pool. It could be used by scouts and it really is nice to see, isn't it?

What do you think about it?

I especially like the folding map table idea for HQs. The effect when having it deployed could be a bonus to the time it takes for C2 information to be dissiminated, or maybe increased accuracy for spotters in the HQ's chain of command, or a shorter arty response time for fire missions that are conveyed through it, or...the possibilities are endless.

I especially like the folding map table idea for HQs. The effect when having it deployed could be a bonus to the time it takes for C2 information to be dissiminated, or maybe increased accuracy for spotters in the HQ's chain of command, or a shorter arty response time for fire missions that are conveyed through it, or...the possibilities are endless.

Somehow that HQ trying to bail out of a building carrying those scissor scopes and folding tables just is gonna lose something...unless they somehow abandon them like the AT guns.

Quick Jeeves, fold up the table, grab my lunch and brandy flask and meet us at the rally point!!

Somehow that HQ trying to bail out of a building carrying those scissor scopes and folding tables just is gonna lose something...unless they somehow abandon them like the AT guns.

Quick Jeeves, fold up the table, grab my lunch and brandy flask and meet us at the rally point!!

Making the table "crew served" and have it function like a gun is actually brilliant. You'd need to "limber" it to pack it up for transport, you'd "unlimber" it when setting it up, and preferably you'd transport it by a loading it unto a truck or a jeep/K-wagen. Carrying it would be slow. And the HQ team, i.e. the "crew", could "bail out" and ditch the table in an emergancy, just as you say.

Best idea ever, come to think about it! I trust it will be included in the soon-to-be-released patch;).

@Broadsword56: I absolutely agree with you - having Medics would be great!

@c3K: The Horch SdKfz 15 is not the limousine but a field car like the American Dodge WC52 / WC56.

to all: Thank you for your feedback - I'm glad that some of you like my ideas :)

Making the table "crew served" and have it function like a gun is actually brilliant. You'd need to "limber" it to pack it up for transport, you'd "unlimber" it when setting it up, and preferably you'd transport it by a loading it unto a truck or a jeep/K-wagen. Carrying it would be slow. And the HQ team, i.e. the "crew", could "bail out" and ditch the table in an emergancy, just as you say.

Yes, I agree with you - a crew with a 2 cm Flak, equipped with a Kettenkrad

could be sent quickly to any hot spot on the battlefield as a reinforcement/backing

for the fighting troops. It would be very useful and it also looks good for sure! :)

Ever since CM1 I have been lobbying for French hookers at urban street corners (or at least a red light district - a house anyway). But, for some reason...

Hookers are really indispensable stand-off weapons. If you can't win - send you send the hookers. Lack of hookers change the whole game dynamics. If could have them included they may have the following game functions:

1. Within their own combat radius they will degrade unit's combat skills and will to fight.

2. Some of the units can even stop obeying the orders for a certain period of time. This can be implemented by "bogged" functionality.

3. If unit spends too much time in the presence of a hooker the unit may start having non-combat casualties.

4. Having hookers we can finally implement a "make love no war" mission. Having soldiers on one side and hookers on another.

I think it won't take way more resources implementing hookers than having unfolding maps. Wow, unfolding...

Regards,

Roman

When the British module comes out, I hope we'll see some mods making Australian and New Zealand troops -- especially since we now have an Italian Theater mod for them to fight in with Monty. Not to get too "Total War" on you, but it sure would be cool if one day we'd see the Maori troops in the game with their dreaded kukri knives, making that terrifying war chant of theirs (I don't know if one can make a specific voice effect for a specific type of infantry unit, though).

Since a large % of casualties were from STD's, I thought the Hooker variant quite legitimate heh.

But I also agree that the game would benefit from Medics, since we use them ALL the time. We could get rid of some of the excess HQ units (XO's, 2IC's, HQ support etc) which rarely have a realistic or useful function (except to function as de facto Medics).

Since a large % of casualties were from STD's, I thought the Hooker variant quite legitimate heh.

But I also agree that the game would benefit from Medics, since we use them ALL the time. We could get rid of some of the excess HQ units (XO's, 2IC's, HQ support etc) which rarely have a realistic or useful function (except to function as de facto Medics).

As much as I want medics, I think it's important to inclide those HQ units because they all carry weapons and were trigger pullers...not designed to be combat infantry, but if you put two or three of those units together you've got another light squad or two worth of emergency fighters, flank guards, people to guard your mortars, etc.

would be cool if one day we'd see the Maori troops in the game with their dreaded kukri knives, making that terrifying war chant of theirs (I don't know if one can make a specific voice effect for a specific type of infantry unit, though).

I'd say they were Nepalese Gurkhas who used the kukri.