Patch work?

We had 5 major iterations of patch v1.01 so far. It's currently in RC2 status, but that, unfortunately, means nothing, as RC status can go up to double digits in # sequence.

Um, this makes it sound like we should shelve the game for a few months. I have scenario designs I'm sitting on. Bummer.

Um, this makes it sound like we should shelve the game for a few months

Nah! :D It just means that you shouldn't get too excited about it being a 'Release Candidate'. Some folks might expect it tomorrow. Nobody knows when the patch will be released. It might be before this weekend, or towards the end of the month, or, etc, etc. We really don't know.

I have scenario designs I'm sitting on

And the game works fine just now. All the content that shipped with the title was created using V1.0, as is all the user-created content uploaded to the Repository to date and it's not too shabby.

Don't let your imagination run away with you regarding the upcoming patch. Nobody's adding flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz to the German TO&E, or anything like that. If you check out the readme files for patches that came out for CMSF you'll see the sorts of incrimental improvements you might expect to see. If a small change was made to something you never noticed anyway you probably won't notice the change either. :)

Someone else on another topic mentioned 70-odd 'fixes' so far and counting. I'm not confirming, not denying, not even bothering to count, myself. I can't even recall who had said it and where. I'm just related what someone else posted.

"Move along folks, nothing to see here. Nothing at all. Honest. Look, have I ever lied to you?"

;)

Michael

As long as THE issue that makes the game unplayable gets fixed, I'll be happy. Yes, I'm talking about the fact that the Panzerfaust 30 is labelled with the user instructions for the Panzerfaust 30k.

84JTb.png

Oh, I almost forgot: the clang when small arms fire hits railroad tracks is 5 Hz too high. I assume it's number two on the list of fixes in the patch.

Um, this makes it sound like we should shelve the game for a few months

Nah! :D It just means that you shouldn't get too excited about it being a 'Release Candidate'. Some folks might expect it tomorrow. Nobody knows when the patch will be released. It might be before this weekend, or towards the end of the month, or, etc, etc. We really don't know.

Nobody would be getting excited or otherwise if it were never mentioned.