Upcoming Patch?

They'll definitely be fixing some issues with the Nato units...like the missing panzerfausts and what not...as for anything else...who knows. I doubt they'll backwards engineer anything from CMBN. I just hope with it being the last, it's a bang up patch.

It won't be out until after CMBN's first patch as far as I know, so we still have a while.

Mord.

It's been awhile since i played NATO, which patch broke the panzerfausts? It was 1.31 yes?

Anyone know if you can roll back without reinstalling your game?

The best way is probably to install the game in a new directory, while leaving the old installation in place.

Then upgrade the new installation upto the point you want.

You can branch the installation at certain point of upgrade by just copying the whole directory to a new place, and then leave the copy at the old version.

Then you can make shortcuts of the executables in the different directories, and if you start one of them, you have an instance in that version.

vincere,

Do you have a save for the end of 'night stalkers' beginning of 'ambush alley'? As you can see in the other thread I posted that I cannot load this mission and continue. I am getting the 'out of memory' bug that several others have reported. Apparantly it was never looked at or fixed as I found threads several years old on this problem. Let me know if you can help me out and send a file over. Thanks.

I will be dabbling in both CMSF/CMBN as well. In many ways I am finding I like CMSF better so far. I prefer the fluidity of battle, and the technology.

My two biggest turn offs so far in CMBN are the boccage setting. I'm just not a fan of that type of battle, but it offers something different for those that do, so I’m fine with BF’s decision to start the series there. My biggest discouragement with it is the arty. I think it is too powerful as compared with CMSF modern. I am mainly a blue player and can say i have never had one 60mm mortar shell take out a whole sqd. One can argue "well you got body armor". OK, well why hasn't my 60mm mortars done the same to the Syrians who do not have body armor? This has been the biggest issue for me so far with CMBN. The arty is just too powerful for balance of the limited spacing of individuals in the squad. The only way of avoiding this is to split teams, but then you get the C2 hit, and have to micro mange more.

I will be dabbling in both CMSF/CMBN as well. In many ways I am finding I like CMSF better so far. I prefer the fluidity of battle, and the technology.

My two biggest turn offs so far in CMBN are the boccage setting. I'm just not a fan of that type of battle, but it offers something different for those that do, so I’m fine with BF’s decision to start the series there. My biggest discouragement with it is the arty. I think it is too powerful as compared with CMSF modern. I am mainly a blue player and can say i have never had one 60mm mortar shell take out a whole sqd. One can argue "well you got body armor". OK, well why hasn't my 60mm mortars done the same to the Syrians who do not have body armor? This has been the biggest issue for me so far with CMBN. The arty is just too powerful for balance of the limited spacing of individuals in the squad. The only way of avoiding this is to split teams, but then you get the C2 hit, and have to micro mange more.

I think that's exactly it, the spacing. IIRC in CMSF all HE weapons are nerfed against infantry in the open to simulate the wider spacing between individuals that would be used in real life. The infantry in the game (CMSF), however, are limited in spacing by the action spot system and are depicted as closer together than they theoretically would be in real life.

In CMBN I recall that HE is not nerfed because troops tended to be closer together in reality as well. I suspect that the lethality of many weapons as well as the cover provided by different sources will be tweaked over time though.

vincere,

Do you have a save for the end of 'night stalkers' beginning of 'ambush alley'? As you can see in the other thread I posted that I cannot load this mission and continue. I am getting the 'out of memory' bug that several others have reported. Apparantly it was never looked at or fixed as I found threads several years old on this problem. Let me know if you can help me out and send a file over. Thanks.

NATO campaign?

he means base game tf thunder campain i never got past night stalkers for the same reason and got sick of asking people for the save.

Cheers heer witmann.

Will have a look.

I have not touched teh NATO campaign yet because I'm waiting for the patch; but may have night stalkers save. I don't take mutch remember the battle names too well; do you remember roughly how far through it is?

its the 9th mission in its a night mission if you look at the Tactics section at the top called walkthrough have a look it might jog your memory.

Your in luck fellas.

What do you want:

Start of Night Stalkers or End?

Or Start of the one after, 'Ambush Alley'?

PM me your email and I can send it.

Vincere,

Appreciate the offer but I just completed Into the Valley which put me back on track for the campaign. I froze up after Night Stalkers and could not continue. After trying to load the save time after time it finally loaded but went straight to the after action report. It gave me a Draw even though I never played a second of the mission and sent me to Into the Valley. Not sure what happened there.

All I do know is that Into the Valley is a hard ass scenario. Fun, unlike most of the others which are a walk in the park. Anyone that has not played this one I recommend it.