Anyone else seen this?

I assaulted a building by blasting a wall. My squad entered and mopped up the enemy. I then had inf squad follow in behind the entry team.

On entering the building one of the 2nd squad members stood over a wounded German and aimed his garand and shot him twice at point blank range.

To be honest i do not play turned based games so do not see individual battles close up usually.

Is this normal behavior to execute wounded troops?

They may occasionally "fixate" on the target if he's been up and fighting just recently, which normally happens in close combat. It doesn't happen if the German had been wounded earlier. Sometimes they can also shoot at already surrendered troops, because it can take a moment for them to realize that they're no longer a threat.

They may occasionally "fixate" on the target if he's been up and fighting just recently, which normally happens in close combat. It doesn't happen if the German had been wounded earlier. Sometimes they can also shoot at already surrendered troops, because it can take a moment for them to realize that they're no longer a threat.

He was in a foetal position with no weapon. Either way it was a cool moment, think i will be playing a few more turn based games just to watch the close combat stuff :-)

Oh, so was he actually incapacitated, or was he just cowering? If the latter, he was still a threat to your men. It's possible that the first wave entering the building didn't see him at first from the smoke.

I wish i had saved it to double check it. As i remember it the 2nd squad entered moments after the 1st. The German was yellow and foetal, the GI just walked up an aimed to shots into him. None of his buddies seemed to see him as threat when they passed him by.

I wish i had saved it to double check it. As i remember it the 2nd squad entered moments after the 1st. The German was yellow and foetal, the GI just walked up an aimed to shots into him. None of his buddies seemed to see him as threat when they passed him by.

If he was just yellow then he was still an armed threat that hadn't surrendered. The tac AI doesn't give mercy to cowering soldiers, or once they un-cowered they'd shoot them in the back.

Playing Iron level yesterday where two platoons were out of contact with each other and on different sides of a road - Company HQ was tending to some mortars in the back. A squad from one of the platoons had killed 5 of 6 troops in a fusilier squad with the 6th throwing his hands up in surrender. A squad from the second platoon across the road had rushed up to the scene and shot the prisoner sitting in the road with his hands up.

It's realistic no matter how you cut it.

I had a surrendered German get shot because he was in the cross fire of a US squad and the bunker they were attacking.

Mord.

So geneva convetion is sometimes violated in CM:BN.

Actually, the authors of the Geneva Conventions were quite pragmatic about these kinds of stuations. Generally, the language in the conventions is quite straight forward, and recognises that combat is chaotic and the act of surrendering is very, very fraught with risk. OTOH, they're pretty clear that once the immediate chaos has passed its bad to kill people who under your control.

In CMBN soldiers in the act of surrendering (hands in the air) are killed reasonably frequently. But once they've successfully surrendered (white flag) the Conventions are strictly observed.