How many Steelbox edition units?

I wonder if the order number is related to the number sold? If that's the case they sold over 200,000 units easily just based on my order number. A quick google search showed that Mass Effect 2, which is considered a commercial success, sold over 2 million copies within the first week of release. So how about it BF? Can we at least get a gumball machine with a contest for guessing the correct number of gumballs or somefink? :)

Don't they know that we WANT them to be rich?

No you don't. If we became insanely rich we might retire early and do something else. So you want us to be comfortably compensated, but still hungry for more :D

And no, the order numbers don't mean anything. 220,000 orders would definitely put us into the "at risk of retiring" range, not to mention 2 million! Either one is a nice thought.

While we won't give out sales numbers, or a hint of them, we can say that CM:BN will likely top our direct sales for any other game except (possibly!) CMBO. Too soon to say for sure since the game hasn't even been out a week yet, but that's the way it's headed.

Steve

I can't imagine it could be many more than that sort of range, after all there just aren't that many people playing these sorts of games. But then are we talking full price direct sales or all sales.

I bought a new copy of CMBO just recently direct from BFC to do some comparisons with CMBN, at $15 that isn't big bikkies but then it is digital download and possibly there is a lot of profit in that figure and I guess it shows that they could still be making money out of these games for several years.

• 2 months later...

A while back there was a thread where BFC actually admitted to a semi-load of metal boxes being delivered.

Do the math:

53feet long X 96inch high X 102 inch wide {size of 18 wheeler} / 6inches X 8inches X 2inches{per box} - volume taken up by pallets = whole freaking pile

Careful calculations indicate: 64,872
This of course doesn't take download only games and games ordered after the metal box supply was exhausted.