Sound Mods

sound mods are really necessary, I can't believe they left the CMSF "beep" in the US fire support mission request.

The overall sound I think is quite good but yeah, this was the one thing that I really wanted changed----the CMSF sounds sound ridiculous. Weird that with all the other nifty details in the game this would be ignored. And it seems like sound files would be the quickest and easiest to do *shrug*

Looking forward to some sound mods. I grabbed Vein's already, but I'm going to hold off installing til the fire support sounds get modded.

Has anyone discovered if it's possible to separate some of the weapon sounds? So that the K98 and Garand don't share the same sound?

It's hard coded so you can't. They DID add more in the Shock Force patches so you never know.

OK I've modded the aircraft and artillery support chatter to have a squawk instead of a beep at the beginning.

I'll upload it to the repository in a few minutes.

EDIT: OK sent.

Thanks, looking forward to downloading this mod. Have not yet appeared at the repository.

Can you upload the mod at GreenasJades's site?

Thanks again

All this is good, but I'm wondering how long it'll be before Mord grabs his Dictaphone, dons his helmet and goes throwing himself in a ditch again screaming his lungs out in a reprise of his CMSF mod?

"TANK! TAAAAAAANNNNNKKK!!!!!!!!" :eek: :D

'Mord's Vocal Mayhem Mod' is almost perfect as it is though, mixed in with a few Big Joe and Oddball's "move it out"s for variety eh? :)

All this is good, but I'm wondering how long it'll be before Mord grabs his Dictaphone, dons his helmet and goes throwing himself in a ditch again screaming his lungs out in a reprise of his CMSF mod?

"TANK! TAAAAAAANNNNNKKK!!!!!!!!" :eek: :D

'Mord's Vocal Mayhem Mod' is almost perfect as it is though, mixed in with a few Big Joe and Oddball's "move it out"s for variety eh? :)

That cracked me up man...that was almost how it went! I was ducking, waving my hands all over the place and screaming for like all of Thanksgiving day I think it was...or maybe Easter, can't remember now. But my movements were damn near as animated and violent as the wavs.

I absolutely, positively want to do a voice mod specific to CMBN...The original probably wouldn't be too bad with some of the heavier cussing edited out along with the more modern terminology...but it just doesn't seem right to me 'cause when I recorded I was thinking modern day soldiers and Marines...I want to get it into a 1944 frame of mind...try and give it some authenticity at least flavor and spirit wise.

Unfortunately, I can't start work on it until my neighbor next door goes on a trip...I live in a split house apartment and the walls are fairly thin...LMAO...I don't need the cops being called.

Mord.