Sound Mods

Unfortunately, I can't start work on it until my neighbor next door goes on a trip...I live in a split house apartment and the walls are fairly thin...LMAO...I don't need the cops being called.

Mord.

Hey Mord, I just checked out the mayhem mod. It definitely adds some more drama at the ground level. It did have me, and a buddy LOAO in that before I put it in the game I loaded them all to a playlist and started listened to them one after another to check it out. The first thing I was thinking was can you imagine if this dude's neighbors had company over while he was recording these, and listening to the playbacks. LOL. All good fun though.

For WW2 here is one to start you off "Hey Mac get down!" Mac was kinda like saying dude today.

Perhaps see if you can rip diaolog lines from war movies to add so you do not have to do all the voices yourself.

Hi Mord and all others.

I can help you with my buddy. I have semi-professional recorder with good quality, so we can make some sounds for the mod project, if you are interested for any help.

For an example, here is a link for a .rar download where you can find bunch of .ogg files what we have made for medieval combat simulation game mount & Blade. We made all death and pain yells all over.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26848515/download/Mandie8.rar

I could also modify those sounds a little and mod them to CMBN. Dunno actually know how to do this, but if I could get some help, I can make little mod from those sounds.

Of course we can also record totally new pain\death sounds and think about ww2 when recording them. Those sounds behind the link were intented for melee suffer. :)

Hey Mord, I just checked out the mayhem mod. It definitely adds some more drama at the ground level. It did have me, and a buddy LOAO in that before I put it in the game I loaded them all to a playlist and started listened to them one after another to check it out. The first thing I was thinking was can you imagine if this dude's neighbors had company over while he was recording these, and listening to the playbacks. LOL. All good fun though.

For WW2 here is one to start you off "Hey Mac get down!" Mac was kinda like saying dude today.

Perhaps see if you can rip diaolog lines from war movies to add so you do not have to do all the voices yourself.

Yeah, my voice was pretty raw when I finished that mod! My neighbor is actually a family

member and he's old so he probably would've freaked the hell out and had a Swat team breaking down my door. The sound files straight up probably sounded pretty goofy at first but when they're in game with all the accompanying sound effects and situations they can pretty cool.

As for clipping movie stuff...it's near impossible...too much background noise and music and the like. Much easier to just scream into a microphone and hope I don't go to jail!

Hi Mord and all others.

I could also modify those sounds a little and mod them to CMBN. Dunno actually know how to do this, but if I could get some help, I can make little mod from those sounds.

Of course we can also record totally new pain\death sounds and think about ww2 when recording them. Those sounds behind the link were intented for melee suffer. :)

I'll PM you and let you know some details...doing CMBN sounds is pretty easy. I couldn't listen to those ogg files 'cause I don't have anything that will play them.

Mord.

I'm working on an MG42 mod. Its still a WIP as the sound engine is a pain in the arse but Ive got it sounding a bit meatier than the original.

Here is a comparison for your viewing/listening pleasure:

the original

and here is the mod so far

Ive tried to include the 'jangle' sound of the shell casings flying out but again that annoying sound engine morphs it into a nasty tinny sound with no mid or body to it.

Some aircraft flying overhead for a para drop scenario would be great.

That could be doable...nice idea...I may work on that sometime down the road.

Ive tried to include the 'jangle' sound of the shell casings flying out but again that annoying sound engine morphs it into a nasty tinny sound with no mid or body to it.

Hey, that sounds pretty good, man. Maybe increase the base of the shells flying before combining them with the shot sounds....it might help with the tinniness?

Mord.