"Hunt"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded. Or uh...thirded, I guess.

I wondered what was happening in my demo scenarios and now I realize that tanks simply stop once they see anything.

Wasn't there both a "hunt" and a "move to contact" command in CMx1? I'd prefer that, or alternatively, making the current "hunt" work as Lemon suggests.

+1..A panther stopping because it spotted an unarmed granny in the cotage 800m down the road can be irritating :)

LOL the first time your panther cruises into range and finds that Granny armed with a Bazooka.... (Uncle Jed, Granny keeps stealing my bazooka!) :-P

I am actually struggling with this as well, I want to hunt another tank I know is nearby and I can't hunt as there are other known units about and I don't want to just issue another form of movement as odds are I will get burned. I haven't found the happy medium there yet.

Any of the playtesters want to comment on tactics that might work here?

Can anyone say for certain if tanks using slow movement will engage enemy units of opportunity they spot and will fire on the move or pause briefly. I find I am using slow movement for vehicles instead of hunt for the reasons as stated above.

Yup, I found SLOW to perform well for this.

Use HUNT when you want to preserve you armor, regardless of what they spot.

I still wish there were two seperate commands as in Cmx1 since they had different behaviors.

Move to Contact= STOP when contact is made, and move no further.

Hunt= Move to contact, stop, engage, then continue to destination once threat is nutralized.

Just edit your hotkeys.txt and you can assign any letter you want.

CMx2 has its own terminology for 5 years now.

Thats not what he ios asking about though, in CMx1 there were to separate commands, hunt and move to contact. Now we only have move to contact which is a pity because the original hunt was invaluable.

more commands = complexity = no good for RT play.
The command would just add flexibility not complexity.

Yup, I found SLOW to perform well for this.

Use HUNT when you want to preserve you armor, regardless of what they spot.

Thanks worth a shot and somewhat embarrassingly obvious. :-P what can I say I got hung up in the hedgerow and lost my glasses..... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

on top of what i just said, do you see an additional slot for a movement command in the movement tab? i dont think there is a free spot.
There are 3 more slots for additional movement commands.

Anyway the additional command would be streamlining a process which can currently be done poorly with multiple commands.

or i want to make my 2000th post real quick, or you guys just "dont get it".

i am sure you can find posts done by myself in the CMSF forums in a thread most similar to this one asking and puzzling why the new hunt command is in fact move to contact. it did not have any result.

or i want to make my 2000th post real quick, or you guys just "dont get it".

i am sure you can find posts done by myself in the CMSF forums in a thread most similar to this one asking and puzzling why the new hunt command is in fact move to contact. it did not have any result.

What? :confused: