CM:BN Manual, Print Version v1.00 - ERRATA LIST

Yeah, it looks like my last paragraph got lopped off at the end there. Luckily, there wasn't any useful information in it.

Unlike all the entire rest of the tutorial! Let me put it on record in public what a great job you did with that, ND!

Martin

Pg. 31:

"The Command and Control (C2) network is a complicated topic that will be left for the manual. You can find more information on C2 later in the manual".

This doesn't make sense. "Left for the manual"... aren't we reading the manual right now? I suggest combining these two sentences to make it simpler and more straight-forward:

"The Command and Control (C2) network is a complicated topic that will be covered in more detail later in the manual".

I did much of the final proof of the manual's text. We had to do it under considerable time constraints, so it doesn't surprise me too much that a few errors made it through. In any event, it was my job to catch them. Apologies for not getting them all.

Normal Dude, kudos for your hard work on the manual. It was a pleasure to help with it.

Steve

Errors make it through EVERY product. It's never a surprise, and these types of issues can always be fixed later.

My question is, will these issues be fixed later? I mean, should we bother reporting errors or is the manual pretty much done, and any subsequent changes will only be for future modules?

They did it for CMSF, but I think they will stop doing it for CMBN :P.

Page 167 (again)

should read...

'preferred the carbine due to its small size'

I believe the proper version should read:

the preferred carbine due to its small size

But who cares and why quibble over minor grammatical errors when the gist of the sentence is clearly obvious.

Thanks to all for the pre-release manual. I consider it a huge 'bone' and will prolly wear out my hard copy version in short order.

I believe the proper version should read:

the preferred carbine due to its small size

But who cares and why quibble over minor grammatical errors when the gist of the sentence is clearly obvious.

Thanks to all for the pre-release manual. I consider it a huge 'bone' and will prolly wear out my hard copy version in short order.

I wasnt worried about the grammar. It was the name 'sue' in stead of 'due' that I thought might be worth correcting.

Errors make it through EVERY product. It's never a surprise, and these types of issues can always be fixed later.

My question is, will these issues be fixed later? I mean, should we bother reporting errors or is the manual pretty much done, and any subsequent changes will only be for future modules?

We won't be printing a new manual and sending it to people for free if that's what you mean :) But errors are noted and, if/when a revision of the manual is necessary at some point, spelling mistakes etc. can be corrected in the next PDF iteration (e.g. released as part of a module), as well as in a new online version. The CMSF manual available for viewing online is v1.21 IIRC, and differs substantially from the v1.00 version (in more than just grammar ;))

We won't be printing a new manual and sending it to people for free if that's what you mean :) But errors are noted and, if/when a revision of the manual is necessary at some point, spelling mistakes etc. can be corrected in the next PDF iteration (e.g. released as part of a module), as well as in a new online version. The CMSF manual available for viewing online is v1.21 IIRC, and differs substantially from the v1.00 version (in more than just grammar ;))

Long time lurker, looking forward to the new game, I have pre-ordered.

I can only speak for myself to say I will be very disappointed if the errors that have been pointed out make the printed tin case book.

I didn't pre-order the game, only to have these types of print errors.

I expect the quality of your product to be better then the next guy.

Long time lurker, looking forward to the new game, I have pre-ordered.

I can only speak for myself to say I will be very disappointed if the errors that have been pointed out make the printed tin case book.

I didn't pre-order the game, only to have these types of print errors.

I expect the quality of your product to be better then the next guy.

I like this guy, he managed to say that with a straight face! :D