How about the manual?

Will there be the same describtion of tanks and weapons as ther was in the CMSF manual?

I can't imagine the grogs being happy about a description for the M4 which began "This is a M1A1HC..." so I imagine the descriptions have changed :P

But I can't see why they'd take descriptions out.

A Bridge Too Far doesn't count - has all these armies in it that didn't make the cut for the first game (don't want you getting your hopes up).

Yeah... but its still a great movie.. where else can you watch a whole bunch of Sherman tanks roll off. It will make me enjoy the first release that much more, knowing that greater things are on the horizon.

Yeah... but its still a great movie.. where else can you watch a whole bunch of Sherman tanks roll off. It will make me enjoy the first release that much more, knowing that greater things are on the horizon.

Ah yes but the agony of noticing the wrong track link or the fact that some are Super Sherman's etc.

Let alone the Walker Bulldog wreck being pushed off the road, etc. :)

Ah well look away when the "Tiger" arrives. :)

I especially like the chock they had to put in to ensure that the drum was run over, rather than just pushed away when it crosses the bridge.

If you want a "real" Arnhem movie watch "Theirs is the Glory".

Black and white

Shot in 1946 in location

No Actors - all veterans

Real Tigers, Panthers, Pz IIIs, etc.

The thing that spoiled that movie for me?

It is von Rundstedt and Model at the map table working out where to send the SS panzers and some how working out that the Allies only had enough for one attack and then asking who would lead it "Mongomery ? OOOOO HO HO HO HO oh Valter you always making the yoke ! " (this about the bloke who just kicked their butts in Normandy)

Nien it will be Patton, so let's get the units that will be most needed to stop him and move it to the other end of the front ................

That sort of rubbish was really to sell the film to the US market and really destroyed any historical value it might have had.

Was it a Bulldog or a Chaffee that gets pushed out of the way?

Regarding the Shermans:

The producers were only able to locate four of the many Sherman tanks seen on the screen. The rest were plastic molds set on top of 88" Land Rovers. VW Beetle chassis were used for German Kubelwagens. The tank treads didn't reach the ground, but the film is edited so that this isn't noticeable (except in the section after Elliott Gould cries "Roll the ****ers / Roll 'em, fellas" there are shots of the tanks rolling over the bridge. One tank is seen silhouetted against the background and its tracks are clearly not moving as fast as they should be if the tank were real).

Being as they were placed on LR 88s makes it completely acceptable...