Saw a Website that Listed a Release Date

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the forum, so I thought I'd try to make it a good one. As everyone is already aware, as far as I know, at this moment, there has yet to be a definitive release date given. All I've seen is TBA 2011 or around "the end of April."

Well...

It probably doesn't mean much, but I found a website that lists the release date as April 26.

Now, I'm not sure how reliable it is, as I've seen countless instances where a release date has been officially announced and some websites still list the wrong date. Also, I've never even heard of the website before, LOL. However, regardless of it's reliablitiy, I thought it might be fun to throw my "guesstimate" into the ring of release date predictions. :)

Plus, I thought it might help out those who are looking for every bit of information they can find in efforts to learn of the official release date as fast as possible.

Here's the website: http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=16125

And since this is my first post, I guess I'll introduce myself. :P I'm 24 years old and while I enjoy video games in general, I truly enjoy good war games, and especially ones that involve WW2. While I can't give out a monster list of games that I've played, (cuz I haven't played that many) I can say that I don't consider myself to be apart of the "Call of Duty Click Fest L337 Gamer" group. I despise that group, LOL. While I enjoy great graphics, I don't NEED great graphics. I much prefer realism and being forced to use tactics and strategy.

As far as Combat Missions goes, I haven't played any of the series. However, this didn't stop me from preordering CM:BN. I preordered ten days after it was announced, :( but I blame my late purchase on the fact that I didn't know that the Combat Missions series even existed. Which is a shame, since I have no doubt that it would have made the last ten years much more enjoyable. :D I read the information that was posted about the game along with a few reviews of previous games in the series, and I was immediately hooked and preorded as fast as I could.

I've been reading the forum for the past month and finally decided to make my first post. I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far and look forward to more. :)

thanks for posting , interesting , lets see how accurate its :) ... i guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter too much if its a few days before or after or even the start of May. It will be here soon enough ether way.

PS welcome to the forum by the way :)

Welcome! Do we give out fishy sticks to new members on this board??

There are demo's for the other CM games on the main site if you want to get your toes wet. CMBN is the same interface as Shock Force so even if the subject matter doesn't interest you (like me) you can still get a handle on how the game works.

Have fun.

-Fenris

While I can't give out a monster list of games that I've played, (cuz I haven't played that many) I can say that I don't consider myself to be apart of the "Call of Duty Click Fest L337 Gamer" group. I despise that group, LOL. While I enjoy great graphics, I don't NEED great graphics. I much prefer realism and being forced to use tactics and strategy.

Congratulations on your first post (and I am looking forward to Moon's reply).

On the WW2 wargames you haven't played, I hope one of them isn't Steel Panthers:

screen_1.jpg

If you haven't played it you should check it out. Steel Panthers was almost responsible for my failing company accounting (the real reason I failed was because the subject was stupidly hard and, lets say, undifferentiated laziness).

If you don't need great graphics then Steel Panthers is right up your street.

29th of April,Maybe a Tribute to 29th Infantry Div.Hope they don't decide to Honor the 101st with a release date 101 days from now.:D Maybe an Honor to the 29th,and the 4th Infantry in recognition of thier landings at Omaha and Utah Beach on D-Day.4th month,29th day.I see a pattern here.Of course I have seen a UFO,and I saw a Bigfoot once,so take what I say with a grain of Salt.;)

Congratulations on your first post (and I am looking forward to Moon's reply).

On the WW2 wargames you haven't played, I hope one of them isn't Steel Panthers

If you haven't played it you should check it out. Steel Panthers was almost responsible for my failing company accounting (the real reason I failed was because the subject was stupidly hard and, lets say, undifferentiated laziness).

If you don't need great graphics then Steel Panthers is right up your street.

I HAVE NOT played this game yet... The last hex based computer game I played was back when I was ten years old. It was a Civil War game, but I do not recall its title... Yes I was an odd child... While I loved playing football and other sports, I also loved duking it out on the virtual battlefield at a very early age. As far as board games go, most kids preferred "Sorry!" I preferred "Axis and Allies." :) Though the pool of opponents I had only numbered between zero and two... :mad: I'll give Steel Panthers a shot, as I noticed they have a free edition. :D Thanks for the recommendation!

29? It better not be 30 because we will have a new Downfall video with Hitler complaining he wont get to play the game :D

LMAO I love the numerous Downfall videos...

For those who liked Steel Panthers (like myself) you will really like the Quick Battle buy system in Battle for Normandy. It's nostalgic. Even the interface looks similar. You can see it in action here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95939

And I'd like to thank you for providing that first AMAZING video AAR and now for a second video. I watched the first one straight through, LOL, and will be doing the same for the second one. Keep them coming!!! It's the only thing keeping me from going completely crazy waiting for this game... :P

The release date at the site in question is now 29th of april.......

Yeah, that website must be run by a bunch of fatheads...

There are actually two versions of Steel Panthers available. I recommend winspww2 which is the windows 7 version.

For any OSX users ... this game is both highly recommended and runs perfectly in a virtual PC environment like Sun's VirtualBox etc. I'm in the midst of a German vs Russian game right now and winning, but got one of my tanks bogged down in a stream and out of game for many turns (grr).

Bopth of those dates are consistent with when I will be on the road, so I am guessing that they are right. :(

Of course, so am I. :(

Well, at least I'll be able to dl onto my laptop while on the road... I'll have to wait until I get home on Sunday to load it up on the desktop and play on the 52" big screen :D