Can I play Chance Encounter again?

Ah there were some amazing scenarios in CMBO and CMBB that I can recall. Recall everything apart from the names that is!

One such scenario that sticks in my mind must have been produced during the CMBO days as it was late American versus German in a winter war setting - it was a fantastic map that was tree heavy and deep snow. I remember having to cross a river that spanned the entire width of the map - with the Americans attacking the Germans defending. It was a really good human v human attack/assault that lasted some time. But it had some fantastic heavy cats and rockets and heavy artillery. It was a blast (literally!). But that said, I'm still really looking forward to the Normandy battles too!

Where are you chaps planning to upload your home-made scenarios ?

Have never been able to download a file from the CMSF battlefront repository for some reason (yes i am logged in , have tried chrome & ie).

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com was great host for cmx1 files (altough the ones i uploaded appear to have been deleted so i guess im not that great an editor :D )

Have never been able to download a file from the CMSF battlefront repository for some reason (yes i am logged in , have tried chrome & ie).

[)

When I bought CMSF just recently I was given a username and password for the store and downloads (including scenarios)

But when i went to use the same username and password for the forum it was rejected so I made a new account for the forum.

So unless I screwed up somehow you need two separate accounts.

Valley of Trouble was a blast too. I remember first playing as the Germans against the AI and I think I had an Inf. gun which my crew had abandoned early on because they got a-scaired!!!

I waited and waited for them to get hold of themselves and when they finally did, tried to get them to re-man the gun, only to find out they couldn't.

I was quite upset.

It was a learning experience.

For chance encounter i always loved trying to win bigger against the ai. Do i rush the shermans up? Do i blast that church or farmhouse with the stugs? But no matter what some variable would change and it would get hairy for awhile :)

A thrown-together version of 'Chance Encounter' had been played by the Beta folks early on just for fun. The scenario didn't survive into later game builds, though. Multiple terrain changes and TO&E changes killed all early scenario attempts six times over. Nobody's re-re-reconstructed it yet, as far as I know. Plus MarkEzra has a point, if the original scenarios were set in October 44 or in Feb 45 then you'll have to wait before getting a 'faithful' recreation. :)